City the first billion euro club

oakiecokie

Manchester City have assembled the first billion euro squad, says a report by the CIES Football Observatory.

City, who have benefitted hugely since the Abu Dhabi group takeover in 2008, spent (1.014bn/£906m) on their current players with Paris St-Germain (913m euros) and Real Madrid (902m euros) in second and third.

The Premier League champions' squad is worth 32 times the value of Norwich's.

special guide.

Manchester United have the second most expensive English squad (751m euros).
CIES, the football statistics research group based in Switzerland, looked at the senior players in each team in all four of Europe's biggest leagues - Premier League, La Liga, Serie A and Bundesliga.

Paderborn, promoted to the German top flight in the summer, were found to have the cheapest squad, valued at 4m euros (£3.57m).

The top 10
Club / squad value in euros

1. Manchester City - 1.014 billion

2. Paris St-Germain - 913m

3. Real Madrid - 902m

4. Manchester United - 751m

5. Juventus - 719m

6. Barcelona - 697m

7. Liverpool - 639m

8. Chelsea - 561m

9. Atletico Madrid - 550m

I honestly thought I`d read this a few months ago but its seems to have been raised again ... or have I been dreaming ? Could a MOD amend the title please as it should read EUROS not POUNDS !! Thanks.
NOW AMENDED !!

Last edited:
“The gap between the costliest and cheapest squad per league is x148 in the Liga (Real Madrid vs Mallorca), x114 in the Ligue 1 (Paris St-Germain vs Nîmes), x85 in the Bundesliga (Bayern vs Paderborn), x63 in the Serie A (Juventus vs Lecce) and x32 in the Premier League (Manchester City vs Norwich). This reflects the great financial divides in European football.” - CIES article

If we don’t win 32-0 on Saturday all of our investment will have been wasted.

They can fuck off using euro's and are they using how much the players cost or just how much we could sell them for? hate this kind of trash stuff,they are obsessed with our money,it's not healthy but i suppose it gets clicks

They can fuck off using euro's and are they using how much the players cost or just how much we could sell them for? hate this kind of trash stuff,they are obsessed with our money,it's not healthy but i suppose it gets clicks
From CIES’s own article, it is based on total transfer indemnities.

https://football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/b5wp/2019/wp266/en/

Billion euros isn’t it?

Edit. Just seen your edit.

Annoys me they’ve used current value and yet made it sound like we’ve spent that.
I thought the same but according to the table in the CIES article, it is ‘Transfer expenditure to assemble the squad’.

They seemed to be confused, as indemnities and expenditures are not the same.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.