So if/when Mary D's closes

Went to Madrid for the CL semi-Final.

The area around the Santiago Bernabeu was full of residential apartments and bars underneath the apartments. It was clean, green, and very pleasant. In contrast there is f**** all around the Etihad apart from Mary D’s and Summerbee’s. The Manchester has gone, and the Townley is off the beaten track for most fans. When Mary D’s goes, City will have a monopoly on bars around the ground. Especially when the proposed arena and bars surrounding it are built.

Fern, Danny, City, etc, I’m asking, is there any chance you could get some of Manchester’s Micro Breweries involved and signed up for the future proposals for the Etihad Campus, instead of serving us shit and over priced Amstel at the Etihad? Believe it or not, I would pay a bit more for a decent pint.

Spurs are charging £4 for a pint of Beavertown, Gamma Ray, brewed inside the stadium. It taste f***ing beautiful compared to that Amstel shit! Sorry for being so blunt. Taste test the difference if you don’t believe me.

Contact 7 Brothers, Ancoats. They brew some great beers. Or better, do the Piccadilly arches. You’ll find loads of Independent MCR breweries that could supply City on a matchaday.

Some great ideas. The club needs to get any bars indoors as the weather in Manchester isn't conducive to standing/sitting outside most of the time.

Much of the problem is that the clubs vision of what they want to provide - doesn’t quite align with what many of the fans actually want. The club has focussed on a family orientated product - which is fine in its place, but many still want a traditional pie, smoke and pint experience and that’s not really catered for too well at the ground, sure you can get a pie and yes you can get a pint, but the quality isn’t great, the prices are a piss take and the environment isn’t conducive... for all that our owners have done and they’ve been amazing their one weakness is a genuine relationship with the fans - they use marketing to justify their decisions but I’m not sure they really listen or ask the right people in terms of getting the match day experience right. It might be me - and I’m an old git but I find much of the pre match stuff either childish or patronising. I know it’s not all aimed at me so I should shut up but I don’t really feel catered for at all.
The thing is, it should be aimed at you and me.

When I went to City Sq the other week I would say 90%, maybe more, of the people stood there were adults, most didn’t have kids with them.

Yet on the screens it was all aimed at kids, it was all kids on the screen and was absolutely terrible.

It was like aiming CBBC at an average age of 56!

Some great ideas. The club needs to get any bars indoors as the weather in Manchester isn't conducive to standing/sitting outside most of the time.
Nowt better than a top notch beer garden.

On average it only rains 140 days a year in Manchester. That leaves 225 days a year when it doesn’t rain. The average Winter temperature is never so bad an extra layer and some long Johns don’t sort out.

Went to Madrid for the CL semi-Final.

The area around the Santiago Bernabeu was full of residential apartments and bars underneath the apartments. It was clean, green, and very pleasant. In contrast there is f**** all around the Etihad apart from Mary D’s and Summerbee’s. The Manchester has gone, and the Townley is off the beaten track for most fans. When Mary D’s goes, City will have a monopoly on bars around the ground. Especially when the proposed arena and bars surrounding it are built.

Fern, Danny, City, etc, I’m asking, is there any chance you could get some of Manchester’s Micro Breweries involved and signed up for the future proposals for the Etihad Campus, instead of serving us shit and over priced Amstel at the Etihad? Believe it or not, I would pay a bit more for a decent pint.

Spurs are charging £4 for a pint of Beavertown, Gamma Ray, brewed inside the stadium. It taste f***ing beautiful compared to that Amstel shit! Sorry for being so blunt. Taste test the difference if you don’t believe me.

Contact 7 Brothers, Ancoats. They brew some great beers. Or better, do the Piccadilly arches. You’ll find loads of Independent MCR breweries that could supply City on a matchaday.
Nice beaver, was it?
Never been in Mary D's or any of the others close by the ground, including Summerbees' or bars inside the ground as I don't drink lager or fizzy pop (apart from Vimto or similar). I used to go in the Legh Arms, then the Globe, but prefer to watch the match sober these days. Heresy, I know, but I'm not paying good money for shit,

I won't miss it or those like it.

Nowt better than a top notch beer garden.

On average it only rains 140 days a year in Manchester. That leaves 225 days a year when it doesn’t rain. The average Winter temperature is never so bad an extra layer and some long Johns don’t sort out.

Well most of those days must be when we play at home lol!

The River
The Kippax
Summerbees/Maine Road
Eastlands
The Manchester
The Bank of England
Seven Stars
The Mitchell Arms
that one that was called Champagne-something-or-other
The King’s Head
The Shamrock
and soon Mary Ds
...have all closed down near the Etihad SINCE WE MOVED THERE!

What the fuck is going on?!

We’re fucking crying out for more pubs around the Etihad yet they’re all closing.

We must have the lowest number of pubs near a football ground in the country. All that’s left are The Townley which is FAR too busy these days to even bother with within two hours of kick off, The Corner Shop, The Bradford, The Bridge and The Grove.

There are NO pubs between Town and the Etihad!

There are NO pubs in sight of the ground (once Mary Ds goes)!

That’s a fucking joke!

Even in Town, all the decent pubs are Rag pubs, are too small so are fucking packed or don’t show football anymore (like The Wheatsheaf, who stopped showing football and now don’t even let groups of lads in) so you can only catch the early game in some of the shitter places or can’t watch them as they aren’t shown.

And any pubs at the Northern Quarter/Piccadilly end of Town you have to leave too early otherwise you’re stuck in massive queues for the Met or have to walk it.

City Square is a huge no-no! I went the other week pre-game and it was quite frankly pathetic. Overexcitable presenters shouting and whooping down their microphones, with endless streams of kids being asked “what’s your name, how old are you, where are you from?”.. fuck me it was absolutely TERRIBLE!
Also there was a pub called Bluemoon near to where the Victoria is. It was open for a season or two when we first moved to Eastlands.

The River
The Kippax
Summerbees/Maine Road
Eastlands
The Manchester
The Bank of England
Seven Stars
The Mitchell Arms
that one that was called Champagne-something-or-other
The King’s Head
The Shamrock
and soon Mary Ds
...have all closed down near the Etihad SINCE WE MOVED THERE!

What the fuck is going on?!

We’re fucking crying out for more pubs around the Etihad yet they’re all closing.

We must have the lowest number of pubs near a football ground in the country. All that’s left are The Townley which is FAR too busy these days to even bother with within two hours of kick off, The Corner Shop, The Bradford, The Bridge and The Grove.

There are NO pubs between Town and the Etihad!

There are NO pubs in sight of the ground (once Mary Ds goes)!

That’s a fucking joke!

Even in Town, all the decent pubs are Rag pubs, are too small so are fucking packed or don’t show football anymore (like The Wheatsheaf, who stopped showing football and now don’t even let groups of lads in) so you can only catch the early game in some of the shitter places or can’t watch them as they aren’t shown.

And any pubs at the Northern Quarter/Piccadilly end of Town you have to leave too early otherwise you’re stuck in massive queues for the Met or have to walk it.

City Square is a huge no-no! I went the other week pre-game and it was quite frankly pathetic. Overexcitable presenters shouting and whooping down their microphones, with endless streams of kids being asked “what’s your name, how old are you, where are you from?”.. fuck me it was absolutely TERRIBLE!
The FA/ football bosses don't like fans drinking at football games. They would rather you got a coffee and sandwich. They would also like anything done in the ground. Any suprise pub after pub from the town towards the ground are shutting? They want you in. Spending on site.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.