Human League

Reproduction and Travelogue are classic, saw them a few times at the Apollo back in the day. Bit like Samson, PO cut his hair off, HL weak as thereafter.

Now here’s an intro..

A band of that certain time, and brilliant upto travelogue - not the same after the split.

I got to see them play a few times in the early days in and around Sheffield as a mate was managing the Cabs at that time and used to get invited to loads of gigs.

The Sheffield scene was great while it lasted.
Sheffied music scene must have bin buzzing back in the day.The league,Cabs,Clock Dva,Vision......Did u ever come across B Movie? From Mansfield notts.
Great band.

Always saw them as a bit of a girl's band myself - Wham, Simply Red, Duran Duran that sort of thing - but at the better end. Some catchy tunes but there's nothing special about the vocals, lyrics or musicians for me.
Quite a disparaging remark " a girls band"...clearly you,ve never listened to early HL.
And to put wham into the same basket as Human League perhaps suggests you dont know what your talking about.....

Quite a disparaging remark " a girls band"...clearly you,ve never listened to early HL.
And to put wham into the same basket as Human League perhaps suggests you dont know what your talking about.....
Only an opinion, and don't know why you think it's disparaging, I just saw them at the time as a band aimed at the Smash Hits end of the market, at their peak popularity that is. Pretty sure you'd have negative opinions about bands and genres I rate higher.

Reproduction and Travelogue are classic, saw them a few times at the Apollo back in the day. Bit like Samson, PO cut his hair off, HL weak as thereafter.

Now here’s an intro..

Brilliant.......sounds just like wham...and all the other silly records made for girls.; )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.