Travelling to Milan (Atalanta)

gkmcfc

Team supported
City
Giving this one serious consideration and taking the Mrs for a few days. Any blues been to Milan before? How close is the stadium to the centre for example and where’s best to stay?

Anywhere is ok. Stadium not in the centre, it's about 30mins by tram away.

Nice cathedral to visit and the last supper painting is worth a visit

Any blues no the best way bk to malpanes airport after game?
Get the metro from San Siro and change at Lotto and then take the red metro to Cadorna. You can get a train from there. From past experience I personally think it might be quicker to just walk to Lotto from the ground (roughly 20 mins) because the queues at San Siro are horrendous. Its lower capacity for our game but not expecting much of an improvement.

Malpensa Express Train from Cadorna is about 40 mins from memory, but unsure what time those trains stop running. Realistically it will be at least midnight before you get to Cadorna station so I would double check.

Get the metro from San Siro and change at Lotto and then take the red metro to Cadorna. You can get a train from there. From past experience I personally think it might be quicker to just walk to Lotto from the ground (roughly 20 mins) because the queues at San Siro are horrendous. Its lower capacity for our game but not expecting much of an improvement.

Malpensa Express Train from Cadorna is about 40 mins from memory, but unsure what time those trains stop running. Realistically it will be at least midnight before you get to Cadorna station so I would double check.

Think trains are only running till 11.15 so a cab might be best option.

I know this is hard to estimate but what do people think about my chances of getting tickets? Im season ticket holder about 2k points.

Thanks in advance.

I know this is hard to estimate but what do people think about my chances of getting tickets? Im season ticket holder about 2k points.

Thanks in advance.
If you’re in the cup scheme you’ll have a better chance than if not. However from memory (I think) all 6 of the last 2 years group away games have gone to general sale.
I have done 4 of the last 6 on my own points and although on the cup scheme I’m certainly not a ‘high pointer’. I’m hopeful of getting one for Atalanta too, good luck mate

If you’re in the cup scheme you’ll have a better chance than if not. However from memory (I think) all 6 of the last 2 years group away games have gone to general sale.
I have done 4 of the last 6 on my own points and although on the cup scheme I’m certainly not a ‘high pointer’. I’m hopeful of getting one for Atalanta too, good luck mate

Thanks mate.

A lot will depend on how long we are kept back in the ground after the game.
Can see it being a fair amount of time.11.30 pm the earliest.
No idea about how late the public transport runs in Milan but getting back to the centre could be a chore.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.