Human League

Sheffied music scene must have bin buzzing back in the day.The league,Cabs,Clock Dva,Vision......Did u ever come across B Movie? From Mansfield notts.
Great band.

Certainly did they were mates of mine. I was at school with Rick the keyboard player & at college with Graham the drummer around the time they formed the band. A mate and I used to roadie for them as he had a van ,and we used to take their equipment to gigs. I could tell you lots of stories about B-movie ;)

Aaah B-Movie.

3 stonking songs, Marilyn Dreams, Remembrance Day and Nowhere Girl, an ok one, Scare some life, many aborted album releases and obscurity beckons.

Indeed.
They were desperate for stardom, and even sacked Graham the original drummer for not being "good looking enough" in a vain attempt (in their eyes)to achieve it.

I was with them when they supported Duran Duran at rock city on their first UK tour and they honestly believed that it should have been them headlining.

Of course it never came - and off into the ether they went.

Indeed.
They were desperate for stardom, and even sacked Graham the original drummer for not being "good looking enough" in a vain attempt (in their eyes)to achieve it.

I was with them when they supported Duran Duran at rock city on their first UK tour and they honestly believed that it should have been them headlining.

Of course it never came - and off into the ether they went.

I've got their recent stuff as well. I quite like Climate of Fear. It's almost like the album that should have happened.

You are Andrew Ridgley, the Ronnie Corbett of pop in terms of completely useless other halves of successful duos and I claim my fiver.

I certainly wont hear anything bad about Sir Andrew Ridgley. It's a little known fact that he became an extremely competant racing driver once he'd managed to prise himself away from that other bloke.

I certainly wont hear anything bad about Sir Andrew Ridgley. It's a little known fact that he became an extremely competant racing driver once he'd managed to prise himself away from that other bloke.

Why won't you? The only reason he had the money to go car racing was because dear old George stuck his name on the writing credits for careless whisper when he actually did fuck all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.