Testimonials

Say what you want but the Rags pull off the best benefit matches.

The Munich game, sponsored by AIG, where ‘king eric’ Cantona charged more for appearing than the recipients received, was particularly classy.

Fuckers

The Munich game, sponsored by AIG, where ‘king eric’ Cantona charged more for appearing than the recipients received, was particularly classy.

Fuckers

Seem to remember Clarence Giggs trousered all the money from his own testimonial.

As a kid, it must have been the 60’s my Dad took me to the real Old Trafford to watch City play United at Cricket. It kicked off outside before the match, I remember being a bit overawed by it all. Can anyone remember what the purpose of that game was?

Fuckers

Didn't see this brought up enough in the build up to last night. Eric and his entourage costing more than the money given to the victims families, a classic

The only testimonial I have ever been to was Bert's. Stanley Mathews played for the England 11, still a wonderful player even at that age, must have been well into his 50's. A United player scored an own goal against Bert. Think the final score was 5-4 to England. A great, very emotional night.

Players needed them in those days as they were not on the wages they get now. When they stopped playing the cheque stopped.
Iirc, the own goal was by Maurice Setters. Bert was carrying an ankle injury that made him doubtful, but he played. Not a good idea to send a lobbed back pass just under the bar.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.