If Celtic and Rangers were addd into the Premier League next summer,what would their potential be?

You fucker. That wouldn’t happen and you know it.
Yes it would. You're miles behind the PL teams in terms of commercial deals so even with the TV money you'd be at a disadvantage and you'd be charged premier league money for signings, which you'd need about 25 of.

Yes it would. You're miles behind the PL teams in terms of commercial deals so even with the TV money you'd be at a disadvantage and you'd be charged premier league money for signings, which you'd need about 25 of.

No we wouldn’t. If we were that bad, how did we get two draws against City, beat Leipzig, get out of that group? You are suffering from the EPL delusion that every team in it are world beaters. They’re not. The top six maybe, but we would be able to survive against the rest with a few more bob. After a period of consolidation we would move up the table. It may take four or five seasons to put up a fight for the top four but we would do that.

I know you would never accept that like you don’t accept we have better whisky, but we would and we have. It will never ever happen though. That’s the main thing here. No team would move aside to let us in, and why should they? I wouldn’t if I were them.

No we wouldn’t. If we were that bad, how did we get two draws against City, beat Leipzig, get out of that group? You are suffering from the EPL delusion that every team in it are world beaters. They’re not. The top six maybe, but we would be able to survive against the rest with a few more bob. After a period of consolidation we would move up the table. It may take four or five seasons to put up a fight for the top four but we would do that.

I know you would never accept that like you don’t accept we have better whisky, but we would and we have. It will never ever happen though. That’s the main thing here. No team would move aside to let us in, and why should they? I wouldn’t if I were them.
City lost to third tier Wigan in the FA Cup two years ago and that sort of thing happens a lot in the cups. Fourth tier clubs beat Prem clubs! In cup competitions anything can happen, which is why when they’re won in isolation they’re no barometer on the real quality of a side, it’s literally just a cup run.

I would say the current Celtic side are no better than a mid table Championship side and Rangers bottom three Championship.

If they were both in the Prem this season they’d comfortably be the bottom two.

After a few years they’d have new owners but couldn’t spend the money to really do much for years because of FFP. Like I said in another thread, Huddersfield earnt more money than Atlético Madrid last season because of Prem prize money and TV revenue being on another planet to the rest of world football, so Celtic and Rangers would just be competing with everyone else for the same money.

Big clubs get relegated from the Prem all the time too: City Newcastle Sunderland Villa SheffWeds Leeds have all spent time outside the top flight in recent decades.

Big game mentality. Let's see you do it every week. At best you'd start out as Newcastle with less cash and when you weren't challenging the fairweather overseas fans would desert you and you'd be forced back to the SPL by that.

Big game mentality. Let's see you do it every week. At best you'd start out as Newcastle with less cash and when you weren't challenging the fairweather overseas fans would desert you and you'd be forced back to the SPL by that.

Haway man. Of course we would. We are just like Newcastle. Canny prediction.

City lost to third tier Wigan in the FA Cup two years ago and that sort of thing happens a lot in the cups. Fourth tier clubs beat Prem clubs! In cup competitions anything can happen, which is why when they’re won in isolation they’re no barometer on the real quality of a side, it’s literally just a cup run.

I would say the current Celtic side are no better than a mid table Championship side and Rangers bottom three Championship.

If they were both in the Prem this season they’d comfortably be the bottom two.

After a few years they’d have new owners but couldn’t spend the money to really do much for years because of FFP. Like I said in another thread, Huddersfield earnt more money than Atlético Madrid last season because of Prem prize money and TV revenue being on another planet to the rest of world football, so Celtic and Rangers would just be competing with everyone else for the same money.

Big clubs get relegated from the Prem all the time too: City Newcastle Sunderland Villa SheffWeds Leeds have all spent time outside the top flight in recent decades.

That is a bold assumption based on what exactly, apart from your belief we play in a pub league?

The only way we can show you are wrong is to do well in Europe. But, of course you will no doubt come back with a claim that there are so many foreign players in the Championship too, that makes it a brilliant league and they would win it. . For that’s the reason the EPL is. Take away the foreigners in that and it too would be dogshit.

It’s a circular argument that is a waste of time. I already stated that it would never happen. Now unless you can time travel or arrange entry for us then you are guessing.

I can guess too, but at the end of the day I get bored with topics where guessing is the only thing. We will never know if your guess is better than mine, unless we draw Wolves or Arsenal in the EL. But, even then, most of the Championship teams being so brilliant wound probably beat them too. Home and away. For the record I’m guessing we would beat Wolves.

Considering that this a hypothetical situation thread could I put forward a hypothetical scenario.
If both Rangers and Celtic were established PL teams with a couple of cup wins and top 4 finishes how would their supporters vote on Scottish Independence if it meant both clubs being excluded from the PL if Scotland became independent and had to start at the bottom of the Scottish leagues? With also the accompanying bankruptcy issues.
Would football tribalism win over nationalism?

Considering that this a hypothetical situation thread could I put forward a hypothetical scenario.
If both Rangers and Celtic were established PL teams with a couple of cup wins and top 4 finishes how would their supporters vote on Scottish Independence if it meant both clubs being excluded from the PL if Scotland became independent and had to start at the bottom of the Scottish leagues? With also the accompanying bankruptcy issues.
Would football tribalism win over nationalism?

Hypothetically? It wouldn’t affect it. A large chunk of The Rangers fans are unionist so they wouldn’t want to come back. But, it’s a total non starter. Most on here wouldn’t see us as a threat, and certainly we wouldn’t be to City et al, but the rest would.

And they would be wise to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.