Cyclists

He never denied breaking the law but claimed she stepped out so late that he wouldn't have been able to stop in any case. I don't know if that was challenged by the prosecution though.
The clown is clearly guilty and has been punished but perhaps it's time we started hammering pedestrians who walk out in front of vehicles without looking because they are too busy on their phones. - As far as I'm aware his statement that she never looked hasn't been challenged.
I certainly hear a statement on the radio after the case , I think from the Police that he did have time to slow down and it was the lack of brakes that meant he did not.
PS just looked at one of the BBC reports when he said he shouted warnings and swerved and she stepped one way and then another this certainly would suggest he actually would have been able to slow a lot more with proper brakes.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-41028321

Mr Ewing you know more about bikes than me i'm just part time, what was this bike he was riding with no front brakes, is it a make for using only in Velodromes?

I understand that it is a track bike for Velodromes and shouldn't be out on the road. I also understand that 'he didn't know' it shouldn't be ridden on the road! I'm also left with the impression that he doesn't give a flying fuck about the incident.

I had a similar incident the other day in the centre of Rochdale. Fortunately I saw the guy using his phone and jaywalking across the road but I had brakes on both front and rear wheels and a bell that was made in Stalybridge so he escaped unscathed!

What are these metal bikes with orange wheels that are left propped up all over Manchester, are they some kind of Boris bike?
Look uncomfortable to ride whatever they are, had 3 parked on our corner the other day, wonder they don't get nicked for scrap metal

What are these metal bikes with orange wheels that are left propped up all over Manchester, are they some kind of Boris bike?
Look uncomfortable to ride whatever they are, had 3 parked on our corner the other day, wonder they don't get nicked for scrap metal
arent all bikes metal ?

Yes but they are not just left willy nilly for days on end all over Manchester, i could walk to 4 that have been left for days near my house
Its just when you said 'metal bikes' I started thinking....are there any other type, like plastic or wooden ?
interesting , pics would be helpful

Its just when you said 'metal bikes' I started thinking....are there any other type, like plastic or wooden ?
interesting , pics would be helpful

Carbon bikes, and, yes, you can buy a wooden bike. I've seen one made from bamboo! I need to win a double rollover and then I can fund a one-off road bike made from that graphene stuff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.