So if/when Mary D's closes

The thing is, it should be aimed at you and me.

When I went to City Sq the other week I would say 90%, maybe more, of the people stood there were adults, most didn’t have kids with them.

Yet on the screens it was all aimed at kids, it was all kids on the screen and was absolutely terrible.

It was like aiming CBBC at an average age of 56!

Couldn’t agree more. The club are always trying to target kids and family’s. When the reality is a huge portion of our fan base is working class, happy with a pint or going to the pub. It’s like they try ignore us.

At halftime and before the match most people don’t give a crap about what the people on the pitch are talking about. City square as you say it’s full of adults , not kids

The thing is, it should be aimed at you and me.

When I went to City Sq the other week I would say 90%, maybe more, of the people stood there were adults, most didn’t have kids with them.

Yet on the screens it was all aimed at kids, it was all kids on the screen and was absolutely terrible.

It was like aiming CBBC at an average age of 56!
Oi, I'm 69, and watch it when my 2 year old granddaughter visits. The Clangers are magic ( I've still got one in my car since the original series), and that Upsy Daisy looks a bit of a goer.
Leave me to reminisce.

Think the Bank of England will get demolished soon .
We used to go in there pre-match but it wasn’t great. Think they shut it down when the police couldn’t find the dead body they were looking for in there. True !
We used to go in The River before that ( not literally. But then it was free parking around there then, when that went, the pub followed.

I hope it never comes out that city have anything to do with these closures.

There is a bar on Pollard St. Hetheringtons next to Ibis budget hotel. Look for the little Amstel sign on the front.
A bar I never see mentioned is the Corner Shop pub on the corner of Albert Street and Rylance Street. Its only 5 minutes from the stadium. Is it any good?

A bar I never see mentioned is the Corner Shop pub on the corner of Albert Street and Rylance Street. Its only 5 minutes from the stadium. Is it any good?
Been in a lot a few seasons ago, always crowded but good staff, stopped going in when had to use tram to get to game due to parking, so it’s now wrong side of ground!
5-10 minutes walk, small car park for about 20 cars

The shamrock is re-opening as a holt's house.

The crown & kettle, castle, gullies, city, fringe(was the bear), all still normal pubs and were there long before the thomas street bars came about and are 15 mins walk

This.

Mary D's is alright if you go in after the match as it's not too busy, don't think I've been in pre match for about 7 years. However there's only so many times you can hear the same music they've been blasting out in there as long as I remember.

In New Islington canal area there's a new CASK which has loads of different beers on but is quite expensive. If it's a Saturday match there's loads of places full of City fans in town, but if you want to throw pints in there air and sing you'll have to stay in Mary's. Fancy a decent pint, a laugh and a chat and there's loads going on, Manchester is one of the best places in the country to drink. Done 7 hour stints post match in the back room of The Castle in the past, shame the Guinness has gone to shit.

Not a fan of Mary d's personally but it'd be a shame if it went as many seem to enjoy a few pre match beers in there.

There's not a single pub around the ground I'd choose over going into town for a few pre match beers. The townley is probably the best one but if your not in there at 12 for a 3pm kick off you're likely to be standing and shuffling about for the few hours you'll be in there as it gets so busy.

Town, taxi & a quick one near the steps of my block is my usual routine so any closures or changes will have no affect on me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.