Away tickets

Yes entirely different. No one in that queue at Maine Road had permanent places in the queue and I never saw anyone looking smug at others because they were near the front.

I felt pretty smug when I got my Gillingham tickets at 7ish after a 12 hour wait. The others should have set their alarm clock earlier.

Stub counting then tracking was introduced at Maine Road, both as a prelude to points, but city needed computers to do the latter.

No fans disagreed with this as it stopped people queuing up all night for united away as their only away game every season. Spoilt bastard wants to go back to that.

Its not though, those that were desperate in those days made sure they were at the front of the queue, and they had the tokens to be certain.

As I recall the number of tokens and away programmes were not so important in those days, you just got in the queue and presented the appropriate token from the back of your book. It is more tricky to quote is what happened in individual matches, far more tricky than to talk of queues which apart from Gillingham were always pretty much the same.

I felt pretty smug when I got my Gillingham tickets at 7ish after a 12 hour wait. The others should have set their alarm clock earlier.

Of course once you were in possession. But I hope you didn,t rub it in with those still in the queue even though it was a triumphant feeling to have the tickets in your mitts.

It is my right to go to United and Liverpool away and I don't see why I can't, I think if you have been before you should not be allowed to go again, that is just selfish. I do not want to go to any London matches so I will leave that to the London based Blues and I am not that bothered about any evening away matches, perhaps you same old same olds can go to them. Oh and I want to go to the semi final (away) of the Champs league if it is in a great city as it will be warm. I did go to Madrid but what I said earlier about a United match doesn't count

As I recall the number of tokens and away programmes were not so important in those days, you just got in the queue and presented the appropriate token from the back of your book. It is more tricky to quote is what happened in individual matches, far more tricky than to talk of queues which apart from Gillingham were always pretty much the same.
Personally I think the talk of queues is often exaggerate anyway, I didn't need to queue for a Gillingham ticket (I'm assuming people are talking about the play off final), I did it by post as a season card holder. Clearly there were games then that you needed to queue for, Wigan away in the play off stands out in memory, Colchester rings a bell, the 30000 at York queue must have been epic, Bristol Rovers when they played in Bath, but only a small number were ever eligible for those games, by virtue of other games they'd been to (tokens and away programmes if I remember correctly). A couple of home games also involved queues, but they were for people who weren't season ticket holders.

The current system is imho little different, just more technology based, bottom line is, if you don't have the points (or a season ticket for home games), some games are more difficult to get a ticket for than others.

It is my right to go to United and Liverpool away and I don't see why I can't, I think if you have been before you should not be allowed to go again, that is just selfish. I do not want to go to any London matches so I will leave that to the London based Blues and I am not that bothered about any evening away matches, perhaps you same old same olds can go to them. Oh and I want to go to the semi final (away) of the Champs league if it is in a great city as it will be warm. I did go to Madrid but what I said earlier about a United match doesn't count

You tell 'em Boris. Being selfish is a right too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.