Is landing in bergamo day of the game at 17:20 cutting it too fine???

Was thinking about just jumping straight in a taxi from airport to hotel, get him to leave the meter running while we drop bag off then jump back in taxi to head straight to the ground. Its any delays that woukd kill us though.
Taxi is only 45 minutes to San Siro from Bergamo, although Milan at 6PM might be interesting! Assuming you’re out of the airport by 6, you should be fine. A shuttle booking might be best as they’ll meet you off the plane. Probably cost you £90 but more likely to stop at airport.

Was thinking about just jumping straight in a taxi from airport to hotel, get him to leave the meter running while we drop bag off then jump back in taxi to head straight to the ground. Its any delays that woukd kill us though.
It's an hour from Bergamo so that taxi will cost more than whatever you might be saving flying at the later time. I'd personally book a different route, even if there's a stop somewhere.

For what it's worth though, I think you would make it (9pm kick off local time).

Taxi is only 45 minutes to San Siro from Bergamo, although Milan at 6PM might be interesting! Assuming you’re out of the airport by 6, you should be fine. A shuttle booking might be best as they’ll meet you off the plane. Probably cost you £90 but more likely to stop at airport.

Thanks mate, really helpful information.

Thanks mate, really helpful information.
Should have said they’ll be more likely to stop at hotel!!
Whereabouts in Milan are you staying? I know you’ll know this but the 16 tram goes straight to the ground so, if your hotel is on that route you might be as well doing that.
I’d email the hotel as well, tell them you’ll be doing a bag drop and checking in later. They should have a bag drop near reception (I’m assuming you’re staying somewhere half decent as you’re taking the missus) and you can get in and out.

You're landing at 17:20 for a game that kicks off at 21:00. You could walk it in that time. Use the train from the airport to Milano Centrale (52 mins), drop your bags off (I'm assuming hotel is central) then 40-50 mins on tram from Milano Centrale to San Siro. You'll waltz it.

Send your missus to the hotel with the bags and you go straight to the stadium. If you are early have a pint outside whilst you wait for her.

Oh and make sure she has her ticket with her as you don't want to miss the kick off waiting for her if she is late.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.