Internationals September 5-10 Euro Qualifiers

The media have been instrumental in this and as with everything to do with the media it depends on who you play for.

Add a weak manager influenced by the media and there you are.

When Sterling used to get all that stick from the media in France Southgate's go to solution was to drop Sterling. Raz played much better than the Media Darlings who were left unscathed. But also in France I noticed a reluctance to pass to Raz even when he was moving into great positions. I think some of that was due to players reading media comments It might have been subconscious.

Yeah, I saw that too. I think that because England are trying to play our way, Raz looks more at home in the current setup. It still looks like they don't all get it though. The first goal was like Stones alleged cock up for England. I don't think Keane played well but he had zero options apart from hoof. With us, the player in possession has at least 3 passing options. His team mates let him down badly, including the world's most expensive defender.

Jack Byrne was outstanding last night for R.o.Ireland vs Bulgaria, set up second and third goals. Outstanding creative type player that we haven't had since Wes Hoolihan retired.

He has definite talent, I still believe he can have a decent career at the top level. Blackburn was a wrong move which set him back.

KDB how many goals and assists? + = 1 g / 3 a
Sterling how many goals and assists? + = 2 g / 4 a
Bernardo how many goals and assists? + = 1 g / 3 a
Zinchenko how many goals and assists? + = 2 g
Foden how many goals and assists? + = 2 g / 2 a

International Break Ranking
1. Sterling - 10 pts
2. Foden - 8 pts
T3. Bernardo - 6 pts
T3. KDB - 6 pts
T3. Zinchenko - 6 pts

Impressive from our boys in blue

I am doing everything that I can in order to remain impartial and unbiased, but I just do not get the hype surrounding Kane(pen).

Admittedly I've only watched him 'live' (as it were) a handful of times on account of having a good few Spurs fans in the family circle, and thus being coerced into going along. And I just don't think the man is all that. I would imagine that somewhere in there there is a fantastic player, a genuine world-class talent, but frankly I've yet to see it.
I believe he's one of the laziest players to pull on an England shirt, I truly do. He pulls out of challenges, will not track back, and seems to spend most his time standing about with his hands on his hips watching everybody else do the groundwork for him.

Because I'm trying to be 'Mr Nice Guy' here, and not just trying to provoke arguments with those who think he's one of football's great talents, I would genuinely like to be educated exactly as to how other football fans see him as world-class and yet I just see him as an egotistical lazy fucker who believes in his own hype too much.

In the last match someone remarked that England were playing from the back 'as most teams seem to now'. I can see what Southgate is trying to do but he doesn't have the players for it but what struck me was that the commentator did not want to give Pep or City any credit for introducing it here and winning as much as he has - proving it is a good and effective style.

Back to Raz I think he has always had the ability and has not changed as much as people like to say. But when he scores and makes as many goals as he has for club and country as well as condemning the racists the media have to change tack.

Ive just recalled it ain't so long ago he was getting the abuse for gun tattoos, his pic being put into articles about a black drug runner and that article where scrote Liverpool academy players were running riot at some school. Not to mention flash cars one day, shopping in Poundland the next, his mum's blingy house and daring to have breakfast in a cafe. I had pretty much forgotten how bad it was.

It's nice to see Harry Maguire living upto his £85m price tag, and to think some on here wanted this statue, Pep you were right again, thank you. :-)

The media have been instrumental in this and as with everything to do with the media it depends on who you play for.

Add a weak manager influenced by the media and there you are.

When Sterling used to get all that stick from the media in France Southgate's go to solution was to drop Sterling. Raz played much better than the Media Darlings who were left unscathed. But also in France I noticed a reluctance to pass to Raz even when he was moving into great positions. I think some of that was due to players reading media comments It might have been subconscious.

I would still say there is a reluctance to pass to Raz or should I say the English players minds arent quick enough to pass to Raz....

It's nice that Raz is getting good press what would be nice if the press came out and apologised to Raz for making him the scapegoat in the WC just to please the dipperpool and scum fans ...

Ive just recalled it ain't so long ago he was getting the abuse for gun tattoos, his pic being put into articles about a black drug runner and that article where scrote Liverpool academy players were running riot at some school. Not to mention flash cars one day, shopping in Poundland the next, his mum's blingy house and daring to have breakfast in a cafe. I had pretty much forgotten how bad it was.

The media declared open war on Sterling the moment he dared to walk out of fucking Shrinefield. And they've been doing everything they can to make him out as some sad little wannabe gun-toting gangster, dealing coke on some rundown council estate somewhere ever since.

It was absolutely fucking disgusting the way he was treated.

The media declared open war on Sterling the moment he dared to walk out of fucking Shrinefield. And they've been doing everything they can to make him out as some sad little wannabe gun-toting gangster, dealing coke on some rundown council estate somewhere ever since.

It was absolutely fucking disgusting the way he was treated.

I have not seen anything like it anywhere so many turning on one young guy. It must be the biggest ever case of mass-bullying. Things like Twitter must have been poisonous.

He's a tough little nut though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.