Internationals September 5-10 Euro Qualifiers

I would still say there is a reluctance to pass to Raz or should I say the English players minds arent quick enough to pass to Raz....

It's nice that Raz is getting good press what would be nice if the press came out and apologised to Raz for making him the scapegoat in the WC just to please the dipperpool and scum fans ...

Bit of both ref the passing. You can see why he didnt want to stay at Liverpool with Henderson as a pass supplier.

Don't hold your breath even for a slight admission let alone an apology.

I am doing everything that I can in order to remain impartial and unbiased, but I just do not get the hype surrounding Kane(pen).

Admittedly I've only watched him 'live' (as it were) a handful of times on account of having a good few Spurs fans in the family circle, and thus being coerced into going along. And I just don't think the man is all that. I would imagine that somewhere in there there is a fantastic player, a genuine world-class talent, but frankly I've yet to see it.
I believe he's one of the laziest players to pull on an England shirt, I truly do. He pulls out of challenges, will not track back, and seems to spend most his time standing about with his hands on his hips watching everybody else do the groundwork for him.

Because I'm trying to be 'Mr Nice Guy' here, and not just trying to provoke arguments with those who think he's one of football's great talents, I would genuinely like to be educated exactly as to how other football fans see him as world-class and yet I just see him as an egotistical lazy fucker who believes in his own hype too much.

Shooting from well in his own half the other week showed how much he believes in his own half.

I am glad you have the same view on Kane (why is it always Harry Kane in commentaries?) as I do. He puts me in a difficult situation when he scores for England, part of me doesn''t want him to score. Same with 'oooonnney!!!!!!)

Last night have to say TAA, Keane, Maguire, Rice, Henderson and Kane were abysmal. Really shocked at how bad Rice was in that second half, his head went completely after giving ball away for their second goal.

I didn’t think Barkley was that bad, he at least tried to get on the ball and create.

Sterling awesome.

Very, very embarrassing that we got dicked 2-0 by a pub side in that second half, Southgate is fucking clueless.

Interesting point of view. He had a penalty saved, certainly - albeit by a keeper who was a yard off his line (what are linesmen for in that situation if they can’t even see that?). But he scored a good goal; held the ball up and linked play well; played a part in at least one other goal; created one or two good opportunities for others. I’m not saying that he was outstanding. But to say that he was “abysmal” betrays a staggering level of bias.

I am doing everything that I can in order to remain impartial and unbiased, but I just do not get the hype surrounding Kane(pen).

Admittedly I've only watched him 'live' (as it were) a handful of times on account of having a good few Spurs fans in the family circle, and thus being coerced into going along. And I just don't think the man is all that. I would imagine that somewhere in there there is a fantastic player, a genuine world-class talent, but frankly I've yet to see it.
I believe he's one of the laziest players to pull on an England shirt, I truly do. He pulls out of challenges, will not track back, and seems to spend most his time standing about with his hands on his hips watching everybody else do the groundwork for him.

Because I'm trying to be 'Mr Nice Guy' here, and not just trying to provoke arguments with those who think he's one of football's great talents, I would genuinely like to be educated exactly as to how other football fans see him as world-class and yet I just see him as an egotistical lazy fucker who believes in his own hype too much.

I don’t believe that you are!

I think you are seeing what you want to see. You see any instance of Kane not doing what you’d like him to do (in an England shirt) and your confirmation bias kicks in. When he does something good, you either ignore it or diminish its importance. Your persistent belittling of him - Kane(pen) - gives the lie to any protestations of neutrality.

Take Kane’s opening goal against Bulgaria, for instance. All I read on here from myriad posters was that it was all Sterling’s work; that it was merely a tap in for Kane. Yet anyone who really understands football knows that that couldn’t be further from the truth. It was Kane’s pressing of the keeper in the first instance that forced the mistake that allowed Sterling to intercept. Sterling subsequently did brilliantly but it would have been for nought had Kane’s movement to lose his marker not been so good.

Even last night, Kane’s goal was interpreted by many on here as all Sterling’s work - despite Kane having to get past a defender and beat the keeper from a tight angle. The “selfish” Kane was also given little credit for unselfishly setting up Sterling for the latter to hit the post and no credit at all, a minute or so later, for the fantastic run that created the space for Sterling’s next chance that was deflected just wide*. As to Kane not tracking back, I saw him do so on multiple occasions last night.

It seems to me that, rightfully aggrieved by the treatment that Sterling has received from the media, you’re wrongheadedly retaliating by being similarly unfair about a player who you perceive to be the media’s darling. You might not have gone so far as to delve into Kane’s personal life but you do repeatedly call his character into question - ‘selfish’, ‘egotistical’, ‘lazy’ etc.

I will concede that Kane isn’t currently playing to his full potential. He has suffered a lot of injuries over the past year or two and he seems to have lost a yard of pace that he has yet to recover. It makes him easier to mark. The injuries have also affected his overall output. At his best, he worked his socks off - pressing and tackling. He’s doing less of that now, again since the injuries, but it is woefully wide of the mark to suggest that he doesn’t do it at all.

As to the rest, he has a brilliant eye for and execution of a pass (short or long). His movement in and around the box is very clever. And he is, for me, the best pure finisher in the game at the moment. Bar none. Right foot; left foot; head; long range; short range. Such a variety of goals, so consistently, against every level of opposition.

*Just to be clear, I’m not criticising Sterling for failing to score on either occasion. He was fantastic last night and against Bulgaria.

I don’t believe that you are!

You wouldn't, you're a Spurs fan, and thus any criticism of Kane(pen) arouses some childish sense of indignation in you, and once more you come on a City forum in order to call out anyone who doesn't see the same in a player as you appear to. You point the finger and condemn anybody whose view of your boy wonder is at odds with yours and then resort to accusing me of doing precisely what you are doing.

My viewpoint is valid in that I have never seen the justification of you or any one else in calling him a great player. I don't THINK he is great, but you appear to KNOW that he is.

"England has a abundance of world class midfielders"

Sky Sports News.

And people lap this shit up.

As to the rest, he has a brilliant eye for and execution of a pass (short or long). His movement in and around the box is very clever. And he is, for me, the best pure finisher in the game at the moment. Bar none. Right foot; left foot; head; long range; short range. Such a variety of goals, so consistently, against every level of opposition.

Is there anything Harry Kane cannot do ?

You wouldn't, you're a Spurs fan, and thus any criticism of Kane(pen) arouses some childish sense of indignation in you, and once more you come on a City forum in order to call out anyone who doesn't see the same in a player as you appear to. You point the finger and condemn anybody whose view of your boy wonder is at odds with yours and then resort to accusing me of doing precisely what you are doing.

My viewpoint is valid in that I have never seen the justification of you or any one else in calling him a great player. I don't THINK he is great, but you appear to KNOW that he is.

You asked for opinions. I gave you mine. That is all. It is perfectly obvious that you aren’t being impartial with regard to Kane. As I said, your own persistent use of your pet name for him gives the lie to any protestations of impartiality.

As for me, there’s no childish sense of indignation. At least, no more than that which you feel whenever Sterling has been maligned. And I don’t believe that Kane’s status as a great player needs to be a matter of opinion. His spectacular scoring stats alone tell you that he is.

You believe this? Seriously? You genuinely believe this?

As much as I would have liked to have continued this debate with you, I cannot take you seriously and so therefor I'm out.

I think Kane's excellent but he stopped developing two years ago, and now I don't know if he'll ever reach his potential. I'm not sure if it's the repeated injuries he's had to contend with or something else, but I remember in his early days of regularly playing for Spurs he could win games by himself. Now if he's not involved in a game he tends to drift all the way out of it. It's becoming a bigger and bigger problem for England and Spurs because he's mostly undroppable but sometimes he may as well not be out there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.