Apple iPhone and more

why would one switch from android to apple? dont get it. you are throwing your money away on apple products. The phones are just too pricey!

Dont get me wrong, apple do make brilliant items. Take the Macbook for example. Brilliant laptops! But the phones..... wouldnt recommend it.
This is nonsense, the high end android phones are just as expensive.

Android vs IOS is just a matter of preference but I much prefer the latter.

This is nonsense, the high end android phones are just as expensive.

Android vs IOS is just a matter of preference but I much prefer the latter.
You do have a bigger choice on Android though, and OnePlus have the most powerful hardware but are cheaper than most of the high end phones (although the price has been creeping up very year). But on the main you are correct. For me it really depends on the end user, iOS is so easy to use and you very rarely get issues with it, the apps are secure and the updates are quite regular. Android on the other hand is open source and companies like Samsung add their own layer on top of Google's so you have to contend with bloatware. The PlayStore also isn't as secure but you have a much bigger range of apps and customisations to choose from.

Which watch you got? thinking of getting the series 3 but still contemplating if its worth the money
I’ve got the watch 3 mate and I believe it’s about to fall down to $199 in price when the 5 comes out (4 to be discontinued).

I think it’s brilliant. I had it for about six months (present from the wife) before I actually wore it. It’s perfect for the gym and running (especially with airpods as you don’t need to bring your phone with you) and tracks all you activity and calories so if you’re a health buff then it’s ideal.

I’m swapping up to the 5 for the inbuilt ECG as I had palpitations a couple of years back (which kick started me getting fit again) and I like the idea that it would let me know if it notices an issue. Plus I like the new screen.

I've never spent more than £150 on a phone and I can't say I've ever found myself unable to do something as a result. Granted I don't play games, which I imagine can benefit from a faster phone. What does everyone who buys these £1000 phones do with them that makes them necessary?

You do have a bigger choice on Android though, and OnePlus have the most powerful hardware but are cheaper than most of the high end phones (although the price has been creeping up very year). But on the main you are correct. For me it really depends on the end user, iOS is so easy to use and you very rarely get issues with it, the apps are secure and the updates are quite regular. Android on the other hand is open source and companies like Samsung add their own layer on top of Google's so you have to contend with bloatware. The PlayStore also isn't as secure but you have a much bigger range of apps and customisations to choose from.
And quite often an app that's free on Android costs money on iOS.

I've never spent more than £150 on a phone and I can't say I've ever found myself unable to do something as a result. Granted I don't play games, which I imagine can benefit from a faster phone. What does everyone who buys these £1000 phones do with them that makes them necessary?
If you use your phone a lot, you see the benefits of extra processing power, more space, a better camera, a better screen and a better battery. But that's not for every users habits, hence there are entry and mid level phones.

And quite often an app that's free on Android costs money on iOS.
Releasing an app on iOS is different to the App Store, the dev and maintenance is different and therefore can require you to pay for it. If i ever user my wifes iPhone and go on the same app i have on my Pixel, they can look and feel completely different, so it's not a direct comparison.

Camera, speed, music, design, wireless charging, marries up to everything else you use (iPad, AirPods, Mac etc).

Each to their own, I’d never denigrate someone for their choice of phone purchase, same as I wouldn’t if they wanted a cheaper or more expensive car than mine. There’s plenty on here that do seem to care what other other people spend their money on though, which I find a little odd.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.