18 years to the day since 9/11

There has recently been a drama on bbc called “the looming tower” which is based on a book that explores the reasons why. It’s not a conspiracy book - it seems more of a cock-up and self interest of certain agencies which lead to it
I think that was quite a while ago, it basically detailed how their was a lack of info shared between 3 letter agencies.
The thing is the investigation into 9/11 was so poor I'm not sure we'll ever know the full truth

There has recently been a drama on bbc called “the looming tower” which is based on a book that explores the reasons why. It’s not a conspiracy book - it seems more of a cock-up and self interest of certain agencies which lead to it

I think that is what Simon Reeve is alluding to. There was no joined up thinking, no one patching pieces together (and in my own opinion) too many stuffed arses who thought they knew better than anyone else, but if he can study the original bombing and identify suspects years before 9/11 happened it highlights how poor the intelligence services are.

I think that was quite a while ago, it basically detailed how their was a lack of info shared between 3 letter agencies.
The thing is the investigation into 9/11 was so poor I'm not sure we'll ever know the full truth

I agree that is was poor but we need to ask the question (from a british perspective) is the intel world run by graduates and posh people who cannot see the sensible stuff when it is in front of their faces ? MI5 and 6 have always recruited from the elite, Cambridge Uni etc perhaps we should be looking slightly lower, normal people who just, well 'know stuff'.

It's still amazing this documentary happened entirely by accident

Just watching it again now. It is heartbreaking when you hear people hitting the ground. Not many things would push a person to that end. Sadly raging fire that is melting you would do that. I just can't even come close to comprehending the feeling of being put in that position. I can't think of words to articulate that deep a sense of utter dread and fear.

Just watching it again now. It is heartbreaking when you hear people hitting the ground. Not many things would push a person to that end. Sadly raging fire that is melting you would do that. I just can't even come close to comprehending the feeling of being put in that position. I can't think of words to articulate that deep a sense of utter dread and fear.

I have done the 9/11 'museum' twice. They have all that, including the footage of the woman jumping 90 odd floors to her death. It is a vey moving experience, hence why we did it twice. it needs remembering.

I have done the 9/11 'museum' twice. They have all that, including the footage of the woman jumping 90 odd floors to her death. It is a vey moving experience, hence why we did it twice. it needs remembering.

I've been there as well, it's very moving indeed.

I agree that is was poor but we need to ask the question (from a british perspective) is the intel world run by graduates and posh people who cannot see the sensible stuff when it is in front of their faces ? MI5 and 6 have always recruited from the elite, Cambridge Uni etc perhaps we should be looking slightly lower, normal people who just, well 'know stuff'.

Who knows mate, I can't profess to be educated on the abilities of 3 letter agencies.
However I will say considering this was one of the biggest attacks on American history I feel like there's a lot of unanswered questions that really need examining whichever line (government line or conspiracy) you subscribe too.
There's a lot of stuff surrounding 9/11 I find that makes me uncomfortable.

It's truly awful Guy.
One of the emotional parts of 9/11 for me personally is hearing a man on the phone to the emergency services, he realises that the building is collapsing as he shouts 'Oh God!' just before he meets his end. What a terrible world we live in

I went on holiday to Florida about 10 days after 9/11. It was a pre planned holiday that took years to save for (taking the kids to Disney etc) and I remember there was at least a week of uncertainty over whether we would go, would we get refunded etc but they finally started flights again a day or two before our date.
The airport security was so intense it was unreal, there were armed guards at the front of the plane and no way were you using the toilets by the cockpit! When we were getting ready to take off the american pilot made this big speech which ended with “god save the Queen and god bless the United States of America!” followed by a big round of applause by all the passengers.
In America almost every car had a Stars and Stripes flag hanging on it, I remember people were being incredibly nice to each other and tourists were greeted as hero’s in some places. It was really full on!
Disney was an experience in itself though - imagine every single person coming into the magic kingdom having to be frisked and bag searched. They even cancelled the fireworks at the evening parade in case the bangs upset people.

I've been there as well, it's very moving indeed.

Who knows mate, I can't profess to be educated on the abilities of 3 letter agencies.
However I will say considering this was one of the biggest attacks on American history I feel like there's a lot of unanswered questions that really need examining whichever line (government line or conspiracy) you subscribe too.
There's a lot of stuff surrounding 9/11 I find that makes me uncomfortable.

I agree with you, I am not talking conspiracy theories but just plain stuff. If a low ranking guy got information from an informant that an attack was imminent, (not just 9/11) could he make the big bosses listen ? Was a lot of 9/11 ignored because they thought they were above terrorism ? Al Queda had tried to blow up the twin towers from below, did no one think they would try again but with a different plan ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.