A message from Forever Bury

I can think of about a thousand charities in the UK alone that I would rather give much needed funds to,rather than a failed local football team. Judging by the number of responses to Bury Forever on this thread,I think a majority of City fans think the same as me.
If you do not wish to give that is your choice no issue with that but if you do donate you are not doing so to a failed football team though, but to the supporters trust that is trying to resurrect a new club. Big difference.

What I would say is being fan owned is great, frustrating but youre in charge making decisions you want..
They tried that at Moston Rag Socks and the place was run by egomaniacs, nepotism and cronyism.... Now 2 million in debt because the members took their eye off the ball...
Once held up as the shining example of how to run things..... Still waiting David Conn's piece on their shoddy management and downfall.....

If you do not wish to give that is your choice no issue with that but if you do donate you are not doing so to a failed football team though, but to the supporters trust that is trying to resurrect a new club. Big difference.
I was saying that there are alot more important and needy charities (including the one that Vinny has donated all of tonight's proceeds to,) than a local football team that is still operational but is not longer in the EFL.
You of all people should know about money that could have been better spent by Manchester Council instead of wasting it on a local football team.

I was saying that there are alot more important and needy charities (including the one that Vinny has donated all of tonight's proceeds to,) than a local football team that is still operational but is not longer in the EFL.
You of all people should know about money that could have been better spent by Manchester Council instead of wasting it on a local football team.
Yes... Agree on the last paragraph.... That is why they are seeking funding from elsewhere ie donations. They shouldn't need funding from the council if they can save Gigg Lane.

Wow ,obviously the last of the big spenders. Your huge donation of a tenner will enable them to play about 2 minutes of football next season.
You would have been better giving the money to British Heart Foundation or Cancer Research but you are obviously much to thick to realize that.
Until one of your friends or relatives suffers from one of these diseases and then it will be too late.
To be honest how many millions and millions have been raised for cancer research? How much nearer are they to finding an end to it?
How many jobs would be lost if a cure for cancer was found tomorrow?
His tenner to Bury is much better spent

Last edited:
I said on the other thread that City were a failed football club and were on the verge of going under. The fact that we had 40k plus crowds did not stop us from being on the verge. It is really short sighted to have a "fuck you, I'm alright" attitude to other British clubs. The ultimate outcome will be the European Super league, something that would drive many people away from football. If we are real football fans then we should care about other clubs and football in general, if we are happy to ignore them and their plight we are sleepwalking into a European Super League.

I said on the other thread that City were a failed football club and were on the verge of going under. The fact that we had 40k plus crowds did not stop us from being on the verge. It is really short sighted to have a "fuck you, I'm alright" attitude to other British clubs. The ultimate outcome will be the European Super league, something that would drive many people away from football. If we are real football fans then we should care about other clubs and football in general, if we are happy to ignore them and their plight we are sleepwalking into a European Super League.
But surety that should have the caveat of "well run local" clubs?
Hundreds of well run non league clubs exist and are much more worthy of patronage than Bury.

So how much have you decided to contribute to the Bury FC begging bowl.
£10,000 - £100,000- £1,000,000.
As I said previously in this thread there are far more deserving ca uses than Bury FC.
I've put a couple of quid in, the same as i have done in the past for Brighton and Radcliffe Boro.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.