Vincent Kompany testimonial

I read a few booed him in the warm up/before the game. He definitely had his boots with him to play. What a bunch of knobheads some of our fans are; the guy turns up for a charity match to help the most vulnerable in our society and to say thanks to Vinny and he'd get mullered by his own fans!
Gary Neville in particular got booed but it didn't stop him and others.

This weak individual should have worn Sterling's boots and see what undeserved booing and even hatred initiated by his current club is like.

The route most people tend to go down with Trautmann's attendance is that 47,901 is the official attendance (which it was and no one can deny) but lots claim to have been locked out from a stadium capable of holding over 60,000 at the time. It could be inefficiency at the time, it could be that certain turnstiles weren't counting for some reason (lots of rumours about gate receipts at similar games over the years not at Maine Road - some have claimed some clubs would take a turnstile off count and give the proceeds directly to the recipient of the testimonial no questions asked etc. - despite extensive research no one connected directly to senior figures at MCFC over the decades has ever said this was a reason for attendance discrepancy at Maine Road), or it could be that the police restricted the crowd that night. Who knows? The fact is that Kompany's testimonial had a larger official crowd than any other MCFC testimonial ever.

Thanks. What counts most is that two City greats were given a fitting send-off.

Think of the bigger picture fella. I'm sure the people working with the homeless people are delighted with the evening.

You are dead right and it’s a great cause - so typical of Vinny. I repeat, I thoroughly enjoyed the night and my comment was flippant and tongue-in-cheek. Apologies if I gave the impression that I was disappointed with the City line-up. Just a pity Bernado Corradi couldn’t make it!

Did Hugh Ferris say to Vinny on TV that some family or players had crosssed the ‘North Sea’ to come over from Belgium for the testimonial?

To be fair to Hugh, he did try and correct himself, but it was too late.

Vinny just looked at him and answered his question without correcting him.

I've just checked the North Sea map and Ferret would appear to be right even though he did try to correct himself. It appears that the southern end of the North Sea begins north of a line from tip of that sticky-out bit in Kent to somewhere in La Poubelle France, so a line from Brussels to Manchester would cross the North Sea.

You are dead right and it’s a great cause - so typical of Vinny. I repeat, I thoroughly enjoyed the night and my comment was flippant and tongue-in-cheek. Apologies if I gave the impression that I was disappointed with the City line-up. Just a pity Bernado Corradi couldn’t make it!

And Glaube Berti.

Gary Neville in particular got booed but it didn't stop him and others.

This weak individual should have worn Sterling's boots and see what undeserved booing and even hatred initiated by his current club is like.
?

Neville never played for City, played for our hated rivals and was playing for the opposition.

Milner played for City, always give his all during his extremely successful period with us and would have been playing for us last night.

And re: Sterling, I thought we were better than their fans?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.