Vincent Kompany testimonial

I had a brief moment with Kompany yesterday about 1.30pm just before his press conference and I told him that the game was on the 40th anniversary of Bell's testimonial (which seemed to make him think for a moment) and then I mentioned that if the reports coming in were correct that the attendance could beat Trautmann's. He seemed somewhat touched to say the least. Thoroughly deserved.
Was the gate at Bert's testimonial ever settled? I think it was given as 45000 on the night, but I'm sure it was more. (I was there. Kippax rammed). Didn't the club sort of admit sharp practice later on and bung Bert some extra?

Great night. Reckon Scholes could play for us now and not look out of place. Arteta too. Loved seeing Petrov and Benjani score. Well done Vinny
Arteta still looks a player,and,though it sticks in my throat and makes me feel grubby,Scholes was superb.On the other hand, DeJong could come back tomorrow for me.
ps. Nasri was good as well.

I read a few booed him in the warm up/before the game. He definitely had his boots with him to play. What a bunch of knobheads some of our fans are; the guy turns up for a charity match to help the most vulnerable in our society and to say thanks to Vinny and he'd get mullered by his own fans!

It's been explained in quite a few posts on here why Millner gets stick. As far as I'm aware he wasn't there last night, I never saw him or heard him mentioned. We have welcomed back lots of ex players over the years with good grace. Two who have got some stick were Sturridge and Millner, ironically both ended up at the dippers, I guess like the Liverpool bar( The place the shit boats used to dump their waste) the shit always ends up there.

He gets stick not because he ran down his contract and left on a free. He gets stick for the total disrespect shown and bad mouthing of our club since he left. I for one would boo the Norman Wisdom faced fucker if I saw him at the supermarket never mind at a game!

The best part of the night was neville going off with a hamstring. Someone should have shouted have you got that fiver you owe me??? that beer at brighton was expensive i wasted on you:)

It's been explained in quite a few posts on here why Millner gets stick. As far as I'm aware he wasn't there last night, I never saw him or heard him mentioned. We have welcomed back lots of ex players over the years with good grace. Two who have got some stick were Sturridge and Millner, ironically both ended up at the dippers, I guess like the Liverpool bar( The place the shit boats used to dump their waste) the shit always ends up there.

He gets stick not because he ran down his contract and left on a free. He gets stick for the total disrespect shown and bad mouthing of our club since he left. I for one would boo the Norman Wisdom faced fucker if I saw him at the supermarket never mind at a game!

I couldn't travel up yesterday and had to watch in TV and I'm sure I saw Milner in the dressing room pre-game.

I don't think Milner should have been booed last night but in normal circumstances, I have no problem with Milner get stick.

The booing though of Neville was fine because I think it was primarily pantomime stuff rather than malicious. Booing for Milner would have been done with feeling.

Seemed odd they didn’t announce the teams before or who the subs were on the screens, it was like no one was sure who was playing and who wasn’t
Everyone in the ground was waiting to see Balotelli only to find he wasn’t even a sub and the announcer didn’t realise kompanys brother was on until he’d been on 15 minutes!

Goes to show how much planning and organising goes into match days proper!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.