Vincent Kompany testimonial

I do clap when his name is announced before games with the scouse. I'm sure he couldn't give a sh*t if I do or I don't obvs!

But I've still never seen any evidence of bad mouthing or digs by Milner. Do you have any?

If you want evidence, as suggested by others, go do your own research; there should be enough Blues saying the same things to strongly suggest that the evidence is out there.

If you want evidence, as suggested by others, go do your own research; there should be enough Blues saying the same things to strongly suggest that the evidence is out there.
If Milner was not English he would be labled a mercenary.
He has let his contract run down at 2 clubs and walked away and signed for large wages/signing fee, yet he is still good old James Milner.
Do'nt like the guy, never fault him for effort, but in my opinion he is a very ordinary premiership player.

To lighten the mood a bit about the booing of ex players, we played the so called attractive Liverpool fixture at Anfield. It might have been just after the Carling Cup final and our allocation was not full certainly in our corner with very poor view. At some stage Liverpool sent the subs out to warm up. The perimeter track was dead level with us and the first two ran down as a pair towards us - Kolo and Mario - and they got a great reception and their faces showed they loved it. Back they went and on his own came ''Smiler' Sturridge,, looking he had just lost a bet with no acknowledgement to us Blues so he got a good natured boo. So for a couple of runs we had Mario and Kolo running towards us getting repeated cheers and Sturridge looking more miserable than ever got the stage boos. It was a good laugh for us and Mario and Kolo unlike their miserable team-mate entered into the spirit of it .The Norwegians in the stand on our right looked blank as they don't understand English humour but when they chanted at other times they did it in a distinct Norwegian accent. Weird, they couldn't all be Norwegian.

I think it might have been that game that Milner scored against us and upset quite a few Blues because he over celebrated as if to say 'fuck you lot.' I don't like this convention where people who score against former clubs have to don a glum face but I think the way he celebrated was yet another reason for so many of us turning against him.

I think it might have been that game that Milner scored against us and upset quite a few Blues because he over celebrated as if to say 'fuck you lot.' I don't like this convention where people who score against former clubs have to don a glum face but I think the way he celebrated was yet another reason for so many of us turning against him.
Weird how we never turned on Dickov when he did exactly the same while playing for Leicester and that we still make fun of Arsenal fans for angrily reacting to Adebayor's celebration. Smacks of bitterness and tribalistic double standards to get pissed off at Milner for celebrating a goal against us when we'd love it if a City player did the same to Liverpool. In fact we've all been begging for Sterling to score against Liverpool for years and when he finally did in the Community Shield we loved the fact that he celebrated.

Feel like this hatred of Milner has only come about because of a constantly repeating echo chamber. It's got to the point - especially on here - where 99% of posters hate him but can't pin down the specifics or a particular reason why. It just seems to be a mixture of "Oh he celebrated a goal against us" or "Oh he said mean things in the press", which are, as I've implied, pretty normal things for footballers to do when they join new clubs. All a bit childish and pathetic when you consider what Milner achieved with us.

It mostly irks me because I always thought Milner was a hugely limited player. For someone who had the skillset of a jack-of-all-trades midfielder, he only seemed capable of playing well in one position. He'd have one good game in five and the rest of the time he'd get by because he gave off the impression that he always put a shift in. Now after he's gone I find myself defending him because the hatred has clearly gone overboard to the point where some fans would angrily air their grievances at a bloody testimonial game.

He signed for five years, played for five years, and left for a new challenge. A new challenge that's seen him add a new trophy to his career haul. The only competition he's not won now that he could have done is the Europa League, and he played in the final of that competition in 2017. I'd hardly have him down as a legend but he came when things were on the up and helped us to two titles and a few cups before departing for something different. We football fans are an oddly precious and hypocritical breed at times.

Give it up. Do your own research. I, among many Blue's have read, seen and heard him get digs in and make snide remarks about our club since he left. Now I think Millner is a c*** you don't. End of conversation.

I have done research and can't find anything, that's the issue.

So as it stands some blues don't like Milner because they've heard some other blues saying Milner has said (as yet unspecified) things disrespecting City.

Weird how we never turned on Dickov when he did exactly the same while playing for Leicester and that we still make fun of Arsenal fans for angrily reacting to Adebayor's celebration. Smacks of bitterness and tribalistic double standards to get pissed off at Milner for celebrating a goal against us when we'd love it if a City player did the same to Liverpool. In fact we've all been begging for Sterling to score against Liverpool for years and when he finally did in the Community Shield we loved the fact that he celebrated.

Feel like this hatred of Milner has only come about because of a constantly repeating echo chamber. It's got to the point - especially on here - where 99% of posters hate him but can't pin down the specifics or a particular reason why. It just seems to be a mixture of "Oh he celebrated a goal against us" or "Oh he said mean things in the press", which are, as I've implied, pretty normal things for footballers to do when they join new clubs. All a bit childish and pathetic when you consider what Milner achieved with us.

It mostly irks me because I always thought Milner was a hugely limited player. For someone who had the skillset of a jack-of-all-trades midfielder, he only seemed capable of playing well in one position. He'd have one good game in five and the rest of the time he'd get by because he gave off the impression that he always put a shift in. Now after he's gone I find myself defending him because the hatred has clearly gone overboard to the point where some fans would angrily air their grievances at a bloody testimonial game.

He signed for five years, played for five years, and left for a new challenge. A new challenge that's seen him add a new trophy to his career haul. The only competition he's not won now that he could have done is the Europa League, and he played in the final of that competition in 2017. I'd hardly have him down as a legend but he came when things were on the up and helped us to two titles and a few cups before departing for something different. We football fans are an oddly precious and hypocritical breed at times.

Milner's best quality was giving his all for the cause so when he changes 'the cause' it seems worse.

Forgot about Dickov but my memory went back to being on the Kippax when Francis Lee scored a belter for Derby. Didn't mind him scoring but over the years grew to hate the commentator 'Just look at his face, just look at his face'

So because some people say the evidence exists I should believe it exists, despite never having been able to find it? Or be shown any?

Bob on. I'm not even really a big Milner fan. Think he did a good job for us as a squad player, with some highlights (e.g. he was excellent in the 1-6)...but he doesn't deserve a statue or anything.

I just find it remarkable that many of those who mock the scouse mercilessly for needing their 'fannies wiping' about Sterling, act in exactly the same way about Milner.

Actually, I don't find it remarkable - just faintly depressing.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.