Your views on the ownership of Manchester City

When is someone going to dissertate the Rag ownership and how 657 million pounds of debt is supposedly good for football ? I am getting fed up with these things now so I'm out.

And investigate why they bank in, and are registered as a company in, the tax haven that is the Cayman Islands.

Selling a share to the chinese was strategic as part of our plans for involvement in that market.. China tends to require joint ventures if a foreign company wishes to set up there.
Thus, we are not likely to sell to any old Tom Dick Harry Donald or Vlad.
Thanks KS I feel reassured that CFG have chosen China to expand into their global interests, possibly football.

Hello Cityzens,

I am currently writing my MSc dissertation looking at how different models of football club ownership affects how fans feel engaged with their clubs and I would like your help!

Below is a link to a quick survey that asks a few questions on the ownership model of the club and how this may or may not affect how engaged you feel. I will then compare your results to fans of other clubs and see what trends may emerge.

All answers will be anonymous and if you have any questions about how the responses are stored and presented please feel free to shoot me a private message.

Thanks for your help!

I missed your survey, but for the records, I would take this bunch anytime of the day. At least they made their major targets clear: 1) to come 4th to play in Champions League and make some money out of it, and 2) to make profit from selling players at the end of every season ;-)

hi-res-a33e1e16c3ae8374a6cd34c5ee100122_crop_north.jpg

Is that true? Remember we are not owned by a sovereign wealth fund (as the press would have you believe - hence the state owned slur!) we are owned by an individual- who purchased us with his own cash. He has separately acquired other clubs - such a NYCFC - so we are now part of the CFG but ultimately we are owned by the Sheikh.

We are owned by the CFG which the Sheik has a steak in but does not 100% own. I remember he sold a % to China.

I missed your survey, but for the records, I would take this bunch anytime of the day. At least they made their major targets clear: 1) to come 4th to play in Champions League and make some money out of it, and 2) to make profit from selling players at the end of every season ;-)

hi-res-a33e1e16c3ae8374a6cd34c5ee100122_crop_north.jpg
Hosts and their guests from Watford and Villa on the Whistleblowers pod wouldn't agree. Apparently we are financially doped and a Watford fan who left the final early to get to work couldn't understand why some Blues left early to beat the rush and get home for midnight.

For investment in the team, on the stadium, and running the club financially, they are pretty hard to beat.

Engaging with the fans, listening to the fans, has been a constant issue over the last few seasons, and is still problematic.

However, the club have finally taken not of that, have admitted the club and the fans were drifting apart, and of late the club have been trying to address that problem.

Fans services still needs to be improved.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.