Vincent Kompany testimonial

From you. Aren't I? Or someone. Anyone!

Milner made a big deal about not playing regularry or as acentral midfielder even though he played 40+ games
Liverpool were in for him the summer before, but, as was suggested at the time he was willing to wait to run down his contract and get a signing on fee, costing us a transfer fee.
He has also made unflattering comments in interviews.

But tbf who cares if he is remembered as a legend or not? I don't.

Only in football when someone signs a five year contract and stays for five years and gets dogs abuse for it.

The hatred of Milner is just plain weird, some need to get a life.

I can think of only three returning players getting shit from city upon return
Distin, barton and milner.
99.9% or ex blues are given warm and great receptions, and it is inly a handfull who bother booing them 3, most don't care we are hardly Arsenal who boo anyone who leaves thwm.

Milner made a big deal about not playing regularry or as acentral midfielder even though he played 40+ games
Liverpool were in for him the summer before, but, as was suggested at the time he was willing to wait to run down his contract and get a signing on fee, costing us a transfer fee.

99.9% or ex blues are given warm and great receptions, and it is inly a handfull who bother booing them 3, most don't care we are hardly Arsenal who boo anyone who leaves thwm.
What unflattering comments?? People keep mentioning them but without saying what they were. Almost as if they don't exist.

I have done research and can't find anything, that's the issue.

So as it stands some blues don't like Milner because they've heard some other blues saying Milner has said (as yet unspecified) things disrespecting City.

You're a wum. Bother someone else, as I said that was my final word with you on it. If countless blue's all saying the same thing, who all witnessed the same shit Millner spouted isn't enough proof, then believe what you want.

Sturridge got a bit as well, mainly because he turned down a large pay offer as he wanted more money. At that time he was starting to get game time and in spite of his injury record, which even then wasn't great, he got a great offer from City for a youngster but decided to go to Chelsea for more.

Fair play to him, anyone would do the same and I would advise anyone close to me to do the same if in the same position.

It’s not like he did us out of money that affected us for years to come, we literally replaced him with Sterling and KDB!

You're a wum. Bother someone else, as I said that was my final word with you on it. If countless blue's all saying the same thing, who all witnessed the same shit Millner spouted isn't enough proof, then believe what you want.
A wum? Thanks for the old 606 forum flashback!

I'm genuinely interesting in establishing the facts over emotion and hearsay. I know in 2019 that is not in vogue, but call me old fashioned.

Anyway, cheers all the same.

Weird how we never turned on Dickov when he did exactly the same while playing for Leicester and that we still make fun of Arsenal fans for angrily reacting to Adebayor's celebration. Smacks of bitterness and tribalistic double standards to get pissed off at Milner for celebrating a goal against us when we'd love it if a City player did the same to Liverpool. In fact we've all been begging for Sterling to score against Liverpool for years and when he finally did in the Community Shield we loved the fact that he celebrated.

Feel like this hatred of Milner has only come about because of a constantly repeating echo chamber. It's got to the point - especially on here - where 99% of posters hate him but can't pin down the specifics or a particular reason why. It just seems to be a mixture of "Oh he celebrated a goal against us" or "Oh he said mean things in the press", which are, as I've implied, pretty normal things for footballers to do when they join new clubs. All a bit childish and pathetic when you consider what Milner achieved with us.

It mostly irks me because I always thought Milner was a hugely limited player. For someone who had the skillset of a jack-of-all-trades midfielder, he only seemed capable of playing well in one position. He'd have one good game in five and the rest of the time he'd get by because he gave off the impression that he always put a shift in. Now after he's gone I find myself defending him because the hatred has clearly gone overboard to the point where some fans would angrily air their grievances at a bloody testimonial game.

He signed for five years, played for five years, and left for a new challenge. A new challenge that's seen him add a new trophy to his career haul. The only competition he's not won now that he could have done is the Europa League, and he played in the final of that competition in 2017. I'd hardly have him down as a legend but he came when things were on the up and helped us to two titles and a few cups before departing for something different. We football fans are an oddly precious and hypocritical breed at times.

Dickov did get stick when he scored the penalty for Leicester, I was at the game. He celebrated a bit too much and was booed the remainder of the game. Adebayor was getting vile abuse all game, not just booing so to see him stick it up them was great.

I can't keep on repeating this enough. Millner ISN'T getting booed because of the goal celebration alone, or the fact he left on a free. He had been belittling City in a few interviews in a snidey way. There was more than one occasion and just part of broader interviews so it is hard to track them down but plenty of blue's saw them, hence why he gets stick. If he had just fucked off, said nothing derogatory about us he would have been fine, which indeed he was on his first return here until he started shooting his mouth off. He deserves all the stick he gets and I will boo the fucker everytime I see him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.