Vincent Kompany testimonial

Bob on. I'm not even really a big Milner fan. Think he did a good job for us as a squad player, with some highlights (e.g. he was excellent in the 1-6)...but he doesn't deserve a statue or anything.

I just find it remarkable that many of those who mock the scouse mercilessly for needing their 'fannies wiping' about Sterling, act in exactly the same way about Milner.

Actually, I don't find it remarkable - just faintly depressing.

I’d say some sense in the Sterling perception is a tad different when he’s being called a ‘black so and so’ because of his decision, which was totally reinforced with where the two teams found themselves. Milner ran down his contract with the sole purpose of financial gain, then concocted some notion it was to play his favoured role under the tutelage of Shergar....

Now I’m not so precious, however, revisionism should be done with a sense of context, using Sterling as a comparable is exactly why people are ‘foaming at the mouth’, it’s two completely different scenarios!

I went last night, had a great day out. I texted some more money for the cause, VK deserved the 50 ,000 turn out.

I never thought I attend another testimonial, and I doubt I will ever go to any more. This was unique, I just hope we don't get in a downward spiral 're testimonials. While we have a long line of deserving legends who have spent a long time at the club I think alternative occasions must be looked at to celebrate their time at the club.

Reactions: mat
I’d say some sense in the Sterling perception is a tad different when he’s being called a ‘black so and so’ because of his decision, which was totally reinforced with where the two teams found themselves. Milner ran down his contract with the sole purpose of financial gain, then concocted some notion it was to play his favoured role under the tutelage of Shergar....

Now I’m not so precious, however, revisionism should be done with a sense of context, using Sterling as a comparable is exactly why people are ‘foaming at the mouth’, it’s two completely different scenarios!

For most Scousers the issue is that he agitated for a move, so it is comparable.

That's not to say there is not a sizeable racist minority there too.

I went last night, had a great day out. I texted some more money for the cause, VK deserved the 50 ,000 turn out.

I never thought I attend another testimonial, and I doubt I will ever go to any more. This was unique, I just hope we don't get in a downward spiral 're testimonials. While we have a long line of deserving legends who have spent a long time at the club I think alternative occasions must be looked at to celebrate their time at the club.

Spanish Dave's will be in Valencia and the club will pay for our flights to get there.

(I wish)

Vinnie kept going on about Merlin's testimonial in a year's time and if ever there were a player to make an exception to your rule for, I think it would be him.

For most Scousers the issue is that he agitated for a move, so it is comparable.

That's not to say there is not a sizeable racist minority there too.

But the agitation was driven from ambition, surely you can see that?

Milners, however you dress it up, was a backward step at the time and justified by his wanting to play his favoured role, which was bollocks!

A wum? Thanks for the old 606 forum flashback!

I'm genuinely interesting in establishing the facts over emotion and hearsay. I know in 2019 that is not in vogue, but call me old fashioned.

Anyway, cheers all the same.

Countless blue's have told you they have heard and seen Millner belittling us. Just because you haven't or can't track old interviews down doesn't mean it never happened. Those are the facts. I know as I saw and heard them. The emotion followed the facts. That's why he gets booed by thousands of fans when we play them. It is a reaction by individuals when he is on the ball,all of whom know why they are booing. If not they wouldn't just join in but ask, "Why are people booing Millner?" Do you see sign's saying "Boo Millner" or a campaign here and elsewhere to boo him? No. It is people dotted all around the ground, not connected, who individually want to show their disapproval of his behaviour since he left. Those are the facts everyone who boos know. If you want to be a terrace lawyer and search for proof go hither.

A wum? Thanks for the old 606 forum flashback!

I'm genuinely interesting in establishing the facts over emotion and hearsay. I know in 2019 that is not in vogue, but call me old fashioned.

Anyway, cheers all the same.

“winning two titles at City, we had some good players, but as a team this is the best I’ve played in”.

Milner 2017

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.