Vincent Kompany testimonial

when you look back on kompany career at manchester city 12 major honours in 10 years is just mind blowing really also add 8 seasons in the champions league then they will be talking about a superhero not a legend in the years to come, we are all truly so blessed to be watching the greatest club in england and maybe the world over the last ten years, and if not for politics and the bitter jealous so called big clubs at uefa and the FFP we would be talking 2 or 3 champions league winners medals as well

VINNY is superman

Real shame Kompany couldn't play in his own testimonial. Absolute unit of a defender in his prime.

Do you lot think he will go down in PL history in the same bracket as Terry, Ferdinand etc?
A shagger of team mates mrs and a drug cheat. No Vinny has to much class to be lumped with those two c**nts.

Did a lot of people get in for free last night? I paid £30, and £10 for my lad. If we assume 2/3 of the crowd were adults and 1/3 kids, I reckon that’s gate receipts of around £1.2M, but several times last night they said £300k had been raised for the charity. Given that there were probably other testimonial events on top, where does the other £1M or so go? Genuine question, I know it hasn’t gone to Vinny, and I assume everyone there last night did it for free?

Kompany on the other hand has the trophies (apart from the CL) but he did struggled with injuries and didn't get to play a full season often. Mind you at his peak you couldn't get past him. Maybe we need to stop comparing players to past greats?
I think you've covered your bait to appease us la.

Do you know where I can buy a nice set second-hand wheel trims?

I think he left too soon. It is understandable why, to go out on a high after winning all four domestic trophies and with a great record. I feel he had two more years in him here but the medical team and his body may have told him otherwise. I am sure Anderlecht would have waited.

A shagger of team mates mrs and a drug cheat. No Vinny has to much class to be lumped with those two c**nts.

Of course.

Only I was thinking more in terms of footballing ability.
I think you've covered your bait to appease us la.

Do you know where I can buy a nice set second-hand wheel trims?

Forget it lol.

when you look back on kompany career at manchester city 12 major honours in 10 years is just mind blowing really also add 8 seasons in the champions league then they will be talking about a superhero not a legend in the years to come, we are all truly so blessed to be watching the greatest club in england and maybe the world over the last ten years, and if not for politics and the bitter jealous so called big clubs at uefa and the FFP we would be talking 2 or 3 champions league winners medals as well

VINNY is superman
I loved when he was greeted by Bell, Book and Summerbee last night it was like ‘welcome to the elite table’ and who knows, he could be the greatest of all.

So some people are foaming at the mouth because Milner had the temerity (when asked) to say he would rather his side's title rivals were beaten?

i can't say why people feel angry or embittered about him, i guess they have their own reasons.

i've only ever noted that comment about utd, as i said whatever else there was passed me by, his opinion, as a rival player, becomes somewhat of an irrelevance to me if he's not got anything positive to say. i might be way off the mark, and others may disagree.

But, when you've cheered a guy on, who then goes on to big up your rivals in the derby - that on it's own is gonna sting. But, maybe there is some other stuff too, i don't know.

Did a lot of people get in for free last night? I paid £30, and £10 for my lad. If we assume 2/3 of the crowd were adults and 1/3 kids, I reckon that’s gate receipts of around £1.2M, but several times last night they said £300k had been raised for the charity. Given that there were probably other testimonial events on top, where does the other £1M or so go? Genuine question, I know it hasn’t gone to Vinny, and I assume everyone there last night did it for free?

My impression is that the £300k reference was funds raised and actions taken and completed already before the testimonial.

Vinny has been working on this for a while it appears.

Hope I’m right !!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.