Vincent Kompany testimonial

I loved when he was greeted by Bell, Book and Summerbee last night it was like ‘welcome to the elite table’ and who knows, he could be the greatest of all.

he is right at the top even the old greats never won back to back titles or cups, love bell and skip and summerbee lee and hero's of many generations growing up but kompany holds the highest esteem and even bell and skip summerbee don their hats to him, and like i said how lucky are we and to think winning the FA cup would have done it for me and if we never won anything else i could have said that's ok

the thing is the dream is still young and hopefully many more years to come and bigger and better things are still needed to be won in order to shut both the red scum up once and all, in that after match interview in the fa cup final vinny was spot on the journey is far from over and kompany and the rest have set the bar and your good enough to smash it and don't stop believing

My impression is that the £300k reference was funds raised and actions taken and completed already before the testimonial.

Vinny has been working on this for a while it appears.

Hope I’m right !!!
I think I heard at the beginning of the week that over £1m has been raised for the charity so I'm assuming the amount they announced last night was the extras since then (people texting in, etc).

Did a lot of people get in for free last night? I paid £30, and £10 for my lad. If we assume 2/3 of the crowd were adults and 1/3 kids, I reckon that’s gate receipts of around £1.2M, but several times last night they said £300k had been raised for the charity. Given that there were probably other testimonial events on top, where does the other £1M or so go? Genuine question, I know it hasn’t gone to Vinny, and I assume everyone there last night did it for free?
Been wondering that too.

i guess players hotels and transport fees etc. there were four (i think) Elisons coaches parked in the away coach park last night, so obviously they had bought in players / players families from hotel / ariport.

A lot of stewards also, ground fees (leccy and what not), but still between half a million and a million £ is a lot of money for overheads.

I loved when he was greeted by Bell, Book and Summerbee last night it was like ‘welcome to the elite table’ and who knows, he could be the greatest of all.
Yes, that was special. Had me grinning like a loon that did :)

Been wondering that too.

i guess players hotels and transport fees etc. there were four (i think) Elisons coaches parked in the away coach park last night, so obviously they had bought in players / players families from hotel / ariport.

A lot of stewards also, ground fees (leccy and what not), but still between half a million and a million £ is a lot of money for overheads.

My old man told me the club was covering ground costs, etc. Could be bollocks though!

My old man told me the club was covering ground costs, etc. Could be bollocks though!
Well, tbf, i think they'd stand it, given the nature of the day and all the work Vinny has put in for a bed every night :)

Given that they gave £100,000 to Bolton for Ogwuru when Bolton were on their knees, lent Carrington to Bury fc for how many years, they're not adverse to helping out where they can :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.