A message from Forever Bury

Why does a thread about helping bury have to descend into posters abusing other blues. If they want to contribute so what, the amount they contribute is no one else's business.

I agree but it is not just this thread, the City away tickets and the empty seats (away) threads are others that have turned into slagging matches. Rationale argument/discussion yes about the rights and wrongs but why slag a fellow Blue off ?

To be honest how many millions and millions have been raised for cancer research? How much nearer are they to finding an end to it?
How many jobs would be lost if a cure for cancer was found tomorrow?
His tenner to Bury is much better spent

You will find that if you need an MRI scan that is highly likely the scanner used will have been funded by charity fund raising.
Early scans can make a great difference to cancer outcomes.

To be honest how many millions and millions have been raised for cancer research? How much nearer are they to finding an end to it?
How many jobs would be lost if a cure for cancer was found tomorrow?
His tenner to Bury is much better spent

Unfuckingbelievable comment!
I work in Oncology and many days I see patients who are cancer free after treatment. New trials are constantly being launched and there is some huge advancements in prolonging life. My ex wife is 7 years clear after stage 3 breast cancer! That is in no small part due to the chemo and immunotherapy she had. Without the money put into cancer charities and labs funded by them she’d be long dead. That’s a cold hard fact.
Do you seriously want people to think money is better sent to a group of fans trying to resurrect a team?

Bottom line is this is a thread about a local football club asking for help. It is fuck all to do with anyone else if an individual wishes to give to them or any other charitable cause.

This thread really is not for debating the merits of any given cause.

Mods?

Every sympathy for Bury fans , we have sailed close to the wind a couple ourselves of times under Swales & Frank Shinatra , we have had our struggles but i still wouldnt give Bury a bean , there are far more deserving causes in my view. The previous mis management of Bury F.C. is the cause and the previous owners will get away with it , there will be no prosecutions and it will be swept under the carpet. Dale the ten bob millionaire will still stealing oxygen
Best of luck to the 2-3000 genuine fans , hope they come back a stronger and better football club, Accrington , Wimbledon and others have done it , i am sure Bury can do the same.

Unfuckingbelievable comment!
I work in Oncology and many days I see patients who are cancer free after treatment. New trials are constantly being launched and there is some huge advancements in prolonging life. My ex wife is 7 years clear after stage 3 breast cancer! That is in no small part due to the chemo and immunotherapy she had. Without the money put into cancer charities and labs funded by them she’d be long dead. That’s a cold hard fact.
Do you seriously want people to think money is better sent to a group of fans trying to resurrect a team?
I actually prefer the government to fund all you describe (scanners and treatment) rather than expecting the public to keep fundraising for it.

Dear Friends and Supporters,

We are asking fellow football supporters to help Bury Football Club fans rebuild by donating to their cause here: https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-rebuild-bury

As you will have seen, the past few months have been extraordinarily difficult for everyone associated with Bury Football Club. The outpouring of support for our town has been incredibly touching, and we thank every single one of you for the messages and actions of support that we have received. Our community is grieving and will continue to grieve in the weeks and months to come.

It is an unfathomable thing for our football club to disappear overnight and has left a gaping hole in the heart of our community that will take us time to repair: this isn’t just about the 90 minutes on a Saturday afternoon, but all the friendships and connections that happen off the field too.

This repair process cannot be undertaken alone and does not exist in isolation. It is not just Bury that is under threat: football clubs across the country could face a similar fate.

Forever Bury would greatly appreciate your continued support as our town continues to heal. We cannot allow the story of Bury to fade away as the season continues. You, the wider footballing family needs to stand up and shout about what has happened over the past few months and ensure that the story of Bury FC does not become the new normal for other clubs up and down the country.

There are still serious questions to be asked of the EFL and their role in this process. However, we believe that the best option for this moment in time is to have open and positive discussions with the EFL. We are under no illusion that the football club has spent beyond its means over the last few years but punishing everyday supporters, community and local economy for something that is beyond our control is unjust.

As such, as fans of Bury FC, we would greatly appreciate it if you were to support us. All monies donated via our GoFundMe page will be used by Forever Bury to:

1) to pay the legal and other associated costs and charges incidental to developing a proposal which can be put to Football League to allow Bury FC to work towards re-entry to League;

2) if necessary, to pay the legal and other associated costs and charges to challenge the decision and conduct of the English Football League;

3) to pay the legal and other associated costs and charges incidental to working with 3rd parties in whatever way we can to rebuild Bury FC for the future; or

4) to provide day-to-day funding for Forever Bury going forward so that Forever Bury can continue the legacy and history of Bury FC as we think appropriate and continue our campaign for reform and better regulation to ensure the sustainable future of the football community.

The membership and directors of Forever Bury reserve the right to vote and choose one of the four options listed above.

You can help further by signing the petition here: https://www.change.org/p/debbie-jevans-efl-efl-bring-back-bury-fc

Once more, thank you for your support in recent weeks. It has been a bright spark in a series of otherwise dark days and shows the good that our football family can do when we come together.

Kind Regards,
Forever Bury Supporters Trust

giphy.gif

Bottom line is this is a thread about a local football club asking for help. It is fuck all to do with anyone else if an individual wishes to give to them or any other charitable cause.

This thread really is not for debating the merits of any given cause.

Mods?

its not the asking for help, its how many times ?????

bury have been like this for years and even in the kevin keegan years as manager at city it was sponsor a seat for £10 and save our club only for them to fuck up ?? even the manchester city owners give them the full carrington complex to use for free and they still fucked up on paying the bills ?? so bury can only pull the heart strings of other fans so many times before they snap

if the people of bury want a football club then fucking go and watch them ?? also live within there means and if they get 3000 fans each week that's there level and the club owners work on a budget they have in revenue and sponsors, stop chancing dreams of high league football and selling the soul of the club down the river, bury need a new start and from non league and let them build something that can be judge over 3 to 5 years, there should be no help from the football league and rules are set and punishment are in place so don't give them a place in next seasons league 2 that's wrong and sends the wrong message to the other clubs that if bury got away with it then the rest should

don't really know much about the non league setup and how many north leagues they are but bury should be places in the same league as FCUM and work them that level

Hope they come back nobody should ever lose there club :( I blame the EFL for allowing this to go on ........This was always coming for years now ....... 4 years we went toe to toe with Bury for the signing of Beckford ???? We couldnt afford to compete with the wages Bury had offered him .........Now let's get it right if a club averaging 17k at the time cannot afford to pay the wages that a club averaging 3k at the time then sorry that should have been flagged up back then by the EFL ............Had the EFL or the powers that be done something then I doubt we wouldn't be on about Bury .........Just think the whole English media seem to have a witchunt against your club ......A club that is being run well and not putting jobs at risk .......yet they turn a blindeye to Dale and Co who are nothing but club killing parasites .......And that's the real problem with the game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.