Benjamin Mendy - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re right. I’m not entirely sure where this notion that he can’t defend actually comes from.
One game. The 5-0 against Liverpool where he played in a relatively unfamiliar role at wingback. A Liverpool side nobody realised at the time was potentially world class and had Salah in it who nobody though was particularly dangerous at the time.

Salah got in behind him twice (at 0-0 and 1-0) and since then people have been quick to say he can't defend at every opportunity. Unfortunately he's been injured for so long that he's not had enough time to change people's minds, even though we had an excellent defensive record at the start of last season when he was fit, including a long run of clean sheets at one point.

One game. The 5-0 against Liverpool where he played in a relatively unfamiliar role at wingback. A Liverpool side nobody realised at the time was potentially world class and had Salah in it who nobody though was particularly dangerous at the time.

Salah got in behind him twice (at 0-0 and 1-0) and since then people have been quick to say he can't defend at every opportunity. Unfortunately he's been injured for so long that he's not had enough time to change people's minds, even though we had an excellent defensive record at the start of last season when he was fit, including a long run of clean sheets at one point.
Good post. I even recall that he was up against Salah at the start of last season and didn't give Salah a sniff when he didn't have to do gung-ho attacking. (I hope I remembered correctly)

Yes, but does he track back?

No need for him to be on the bench until he is well and truly ready. Hold him back for a good few weeks and take no risks. If he does finally get fit for us he will be very influential.

No need for him to be on the bench until he is well and truly ready. Hold him back for a good few weeks and take no risks. If he does finally get fit for us he will be very influential.
Been in full training for a month now so probably ready for a few sub appearances. Think his first start will be against Preston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.