Ederson - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alisson is mainly Brazil's number 1 because he got there first. His breakout season came a year before Ederson's. He hasn't done anything to merit losing the position either.

He's also a very good goalkeeper tbf.
Cocks up playing out from the back in most games

Ederson getting criticized for the goal today vs peru

Let in 3 goals over 2 games. Alison will be back to No. 1 for now once he is back

Ederson getting criticized for the goal today vs peru

Let in 3 goals over 2 games. Alison will be back to No. 1 for now once he is back

I often feel sorry for keepers in them situations. If he stays on his line he's giving himself a lot to do to save a header at point blank range but he's never getting to the cross before the attacker gets there.

Any goalkeepers, goalkeeping coaches on here that can tell me what's best practice in that scenario

I often feel sorry for keepers in them situations. If he stays on his line he's giving himself a lot to do to save a header at point blank range but he's never getting to the cross before the attacker gets there.

Any goalkeepers, goalkeeping coaches on here that can tell me what's best practice in that scenario

He’s misread that. Attached the ball too low in flight/too close to his goal.

Not easy to pick that, but he has regular problems in this kind of situations. It's a strange one. He is the big guy and very, very fast to get out of his line, but when it comes to crosses, his usual braveness is not there, he panics and often is late in reaction.

This particular situation looks bit ugly for him as he missed the ball, but I'm not sure I'd say he is guilty for it. Lot of bodies in front of him, defenders should do something too.

Thought he was asleep for their first goal today, rooted to his line when he should have been a yard or so off and a bit to his left when he sees the ball heading to the near post.

He was nowhere ready for that corner. Pointing out there in noone's land without any awareness. It was bit like Liverpool's corner vs Barcelona. He barely knew corner was taken until ball had hit the net.

Thought he was asleep for their first goal today, rooted to his line when he should have been a yard or so off and a bit to his left when he sees the ball heading to the near post.

He was nowhere ready for that corner. Pointing out there in noone's land without any awareness. It was bit like Liverpool's corner vs Barcelona. He barely knew corner was taken until ball had hit the net.

Like 5 or 6 others he hasn't turned up for the season yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.