Norwich (a) post-match thread

There is a Kompany shaped hole in the heart of our defence.

We lack leadership, communication, organisation, physicality, an aerially dominating cb and intelligence without him in the side/squad

Fact he was the first name on the team sheet in the run in last season yet we then let him go without anyone coming in of a similar ilk is mind numbingly stupid.

Who can we get of similar ilk? Kompany is absolutely irreplaceable, a once in a generation defender. For the last decade, he has been THE man.

There was no one available,who was/is good enough, who we can afford. We only got Cancelo because Juve bought Danilo. We saved our money for when the right player becomes available. Now I like Maguire but he is not worth 80 million and nowhere near as good as Kompany. It is no good bringing in someone just for the point of it, they have to be good enough. We had a plan for CDM and we took our time. We did not stretch our budget and came up trumps because Rodri looks far better than Fred and Jorgihno.

I know we all get a bit knee jerk after a performance like today, but I honestly don't know of anyone who could have come in a filled Kompanys boots. It is better to get the right man rather than any man.

Rhodri Bernardo KDB as middle 3 from now on for majority of games, need those extra legs. Can cope with one but when Gundo and Silva 2 of the 3 it’s just not enough legs

You said he needed minutes, he clearly didn't so why play him on a difficult pitch when 9-0 up?

The point was that his selections don't make sense some times. Leaving KDB on the bench at Spurs in the Champions League is another one. No one can deny the outcomes but also cannot deny that some of the selections sometimes are a little baffling such as leaving KDB on the bench again today when he is in form and we are facing a tough away test.

Well, he's won so much and is a genius because his reasoning is not like yours. It's strange sometimes because his understanding of the game is on another level to that of fans. Wins are not guaranteed in football. Shit happens.

Give over. We are a wonderful side but we have shot ourselves in the foot by questionable recruitment in the summer. Rodri is a good player now and may turn out to be a great player but did we really need another CDM with Fernandinho and a much improved Gundogan last season at No 6? Would that money not have been better spent on a CB after losing Vinny?
Ferdy is nearly as old as me ffs haha! I have complete trust in the guys behind the scenes looking after my club! We looked at Maguire but for £80M I fully understand why we gave him a swerve.. We have enough in our ranks to cover one centre back injury as good as Laporte is..

It's simple for me. Stones never has been good enough. 25 and head screwed due to personal reasons. Zinchenko sadly not good enough for potential champions. Otamendi, great servant but beyond his best. Despite most in here Walker good enough. David (absolute legend) on his last legs. Look at tonight. Ed, Kyle, Rod, Raheem, Kev, Serg (maybe for one more season). Mahrez? Bernie (poor tonight and recently). Need to refresh the squad for me. I know that's easier said than done, but if you have ambitions to win the league, then you can't afford to concede 3 against 2nd bottom Norwich
I keep reading this about zinchy,i don't agree,the last 2 season we have won everything bar the CL so he is plenty good enough,now he will be more exposed without eric and that is a puzzle pep has to solve,benny might not be anywhere near as good as people are expecting after 2 yrs out,suddenly we are a lot weaker than last year in defence,buckle up lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.