Gundogan as an attacking midfielder

we played a lowly decimated bottom feeder team and Pep gambled to rest Kev for Shaktar after playing two Inters and it didn't work,
having said that, we didn't work either, in all fairness that wasn't Pep's fault, we were unfocused and lackadaisical.
Titles don't mean entitlement. We had more than enough quality on the pitch to have won this.
If there is one valid argument against Pep is that it took him too long to adjust once it wasn't working.

Games that the two of them have started together as advanced midfielders in the past 2 seasons:
  • Liverpool 3-0 City
  • City 1-2 Lyon
  • Hoffenheim 1-2 City
  • Tottenham 1-0 City
  • City 2-3 United
  • Wolves 1-1 City
  • West Ham 0-4 City
  • Everton 0-2 City
  • United 0-2 City
  • Norwich 3-2 City
  • City 4-1 Burnley
  • Wigan 1-0 City
Hoffenheim and the 2-0 win against United were both shaky until one of them was either subbed off or moved to a different position. Everton was 1-0 until the final minute when Jesus scored.

6 loses and 1 draw out of 12 matches speaks for itself. I didn't realise it was as bad as that.

Games that the two of them have started together as advanced midfielders in the past 2 seasons:
  • Liverpool 3-0 City
  • City 1-2 Lyon
  • Hoffenheim 1-2 City
  • Tottenham 1-0 City
  • City 2-3 United
  • Wolves 1-1 City
  • West Ham 0-4 City
  • Everton 0-2 City
  • United 0-2 City
  • Norwich 3-2 City
  • City 4-1 Burnley
  • Wigan 1-0 City
Hoffenheim and the 2-0 win against United were both shaky until one of them was either subbed off or moved to a different position. Everton was 1-0 until the final minute when Jesus scored.

Wow, you should send that to Pep, his statto's have missed this obviously

we played a lowly decimated bottom feeder team and Pep gambled to rest Kev for Shaktar after playing two Inters and it didn't work,
having said that, we didn't work either, in all fairness that wasn't Pep's fault, we were unfocused and lackadaisical.
Titles don't mean entitlement. We had more than enough quality on the pitch to have won this.
If there is one valid argument against Pep is that it took him too long to adjust once it wasn't working.
I am not sure about his subs either. Bernie and Dave off the field and Kev seemed to be playing wide a lot of the time. Who was playing attacking midfield?

Not a fan of Gundogan whenever he replaces either of Silva or KDB, he is ok when replacing Fernandinho or Rodri.

• Liverpool 3-0 City
  • City 1-2 Lyon
  • Hoffenheim 1-2 City
  • Tottenham 1-0 City
  • City 2-3 United
  • Wolves 1-1 City
  • West Ham 0-4 City
  • Everton 0-2 City
  • United 0-2 City
  • Norwich 3-2 City
  • City 4-1 Burnley
  • Wigan 1-0 City

Thanks man for the great work.

I remember when Mahrez missed the penalty against Liverpool Pep said he didn't know Mahrez stats on penalties were bad when the reporter mentioned it to him !

Hopefully he is aware of Gundogan stats whenever he start as CM.

When I saw Gundogan was picked I should have followed by gut instinct and put £200 notes on a Norwich win. Why the fuck is he allowed to take corners when he never lifts the ball higher than 18 inches. I scratch my head as to why we pampered him with a new contract. It was our Phil Jones moment giving him that new contract because no one came in for him. We will never get rid now. He reminds me of Adrian Heath who Peter Reid used to pick ahead of better players. Never understood from about 3 games in why we went for him. A very negative slow and lazy player.

Yesterday was a piss poor team effort but as this is a thread about Gundogan then I would say his 'performance' was pitiful. He went back into hiding in plain sight mode, something he became an expert at after his injuries. This involves making sure he isn't available to receive the ball, ensuring that he isn't in the vicinity of an opposing player who needs to be dispossessed & generally making no effort whatsoever. If he somehow receives the ball after all this he will look to pass it backwards to a central defender as quickly as possible.

Add to the above the obvious fact he doesnt even look fit and you have a perfect storm of shiteness.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.