Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am all for developing young players and selling them, like I said in my post academy sales would be an important revenue stream for the club in the coming years but we have to give youth players more chances than we do.

Our recruitment at the first team level has been exceptional over the last few years and throughout Abu Dhabi era with few exceptions, so if we have been so good with the first team recruits, it's very likely we have been at the youth level aswell which is evident by the performance of our youth teams at all levels.

So I believe we have players who can deliver at this level and if we give the youth players more opportunities we would discover some real gems.
Mansour era.

That's a very dim view of the academy honesty speaking, if I recall, it has often been said by Khaldun that city wants future first team players to come from the academy. So I guess that was the plan behind building one of the best academies in Europe rather than just using it as a revenue stream.

We haven't been making much in terms of transfer sales overall let alone academy sales to pay for top players like you suggested. I don't think this is the business model we're using to pay for top players but I do believe academy sales would be an important revenue stream in the future.

Sancho does get stick here, If he is good enough to play for one of the biggest clubs in Europe then he was good enough to atleast make his debut here, he might have felt more wanted. However, the way he left was shit.

Point I am trying to make is that we just need to give academy players more games. We have played very strong teams in cups at times when a youngster could have been given an opportunity.

By giving regular chances we will be able to stream line potential first team players much faster. Moreover, it will also increase their transfer value if they perform, meaning more revenue from academy sales.
We haven't been making much in terms of transfer sales overall let alone academy sales

CITY SLICKERS
Man City’s amazing £153m haul from selling kids who made 33 starts combined

We haven't been making much in terms of transfer sales overall let alone academy sales to pay for top players like you suggested. I don't think this is the business model we're using to pay for top players but I do believe academy sales would be an important revenue stream in the future.

CITY SLICKERS
Man City’s amazing £153m haul from selling kids who made 33 starts combined
giphy.gif

My point about the transfer sales was about the revenue generated overall as compared to Liverpool or Chelsea have made in the recent years.

I am not against the idea of academy sales and as I said in my post it will continue to be an important revenue stream for the club in years to come, my point with reference to that post was that sales are not the only purpose of the academy.

At the same time we should also remember that we are yet to produce a first team regular from the academy. 1 isn't to much to ask is it?

We have talent amongst our youth ranks, no doubt about it, they just need to be given more chances than what they have been given so far. What's wrong with this suggestion? We might unearth some world class talent.

I have high hopes of Garcia, he will surprise many whenever he gets a chance. Should be a starter in Cup games and if he does well, he should be persisted with till the end

We are clutching at straws if we think Laporte can save us by returning in February and achieving full match fitness in March , it could help the champs league campaign , but the title will be gone unless Pep spins his magic and comes up with a unbeatable centre back combination form the current squad..........If he can do that then he truly is a football God

We are clutching at straws if we think Laporte can save us by returning in February and achieving full match fitness in March , it could help the champs league campaign , but the title will be gone unless Pep spins his magic and comes up with a unbeatable centre back combination form the current squad..........If he can do that then he truly is a football God
Fernandinho is our big hope I would say. The pair of them were just poor yesterday. Dinho would also help Stones confidence. Its not just Laportes defending and covering we were missing yesterday, its his distribution and linking with midfield. Dinho would fix that immediately.

He's pretty much out for the season.

It will still take him another 2 months, after his leg is cleared, to get up to match fitness.

Fernandinho is our big hope I would say. The pair of them were just poor yesterday. Dinho would also help Stones confidence. Its not just Laportes defending and covering we were missing yesterday, its his distribution and linking with midfield. Dinho would fix that immediately.

Stones and Dinho should play the next match , Otto has been a good servant but he just doesnt look the player to partner Stones who himself is lacking belief , Dinho can steady the ship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.