Norwich (a) post-match thread

Just seen the otamendi mistake again and I think it’s gets worse every time I see it. No idea what he’s thinking there, it’s just so lazy and poor.

Hopefully this gives us a real kick up the bum that we can’t just turn up for games and roll teams over.

I thought Bernardo and Sterling played on the wrong wings they were ineffectual for long periods.
Gundogan produced nothing going forward and little in defence. Ota and Stones looked like strangers. Zinchenko unfortunately had a nightmare.

Thai is not knee jerk but I would be surprised if we won the title this season. Loosing sane and Laporte and Kompany and still having issues at left back is a big ask. Liverpool are so motivated to get that title and we have just won 2 on the bounce. It is human nature to rest on your laurels a little even though pep will try and push them. Vinnys presence going is huge too. I was not that gutted yesterday. I know it sounds crazy but I don’t want to win it every single season and win every game. It would get so boring if it becomes like Bayern or Celtic. Biggest Shame Liverpool will probably win one this year or next. If it was Chelsea or someone else I could handle it no issue. I am not going to let myself get as stressed as last season. Spent from January to the end of the season totally consumed by us winning it and was totally drained. Pep can mange it this season!!!

I actually think we have already peaked as a team and will struggle to maintain the levels of the last couple of seasons. I still think we’ll hit 80-85 points but not sure whether that will be enough.

To put that into perspective though, what we have done over the past two years is almost superhuman and was never going to last. The fact we have achieved the two highest point totals back-to-back is something we do not get enough credit for.

Injuries have also robbed us of seeing us at our full potential. Losing KDB, Laporte, Mendy and Sane for serious amounts of time is rotten luck. I know we have a big squad but those players are huge losses. Take the equivalent out of Liverpool in Van Dijk, Mane, Robertson and whoever the fuck is their most creative midfielder and they would seriously struggle.

That said, I think we will win the CL this season.

Thai is not knee jerk but I would be surprised if we won the title this season. Loosing sane and Laporte and Kompany and still having issues at left back is a big ask. Liverpool are so motivated to get that title and we have just won 2 on the bounce. It is human nature to rest on your laurels a little even though pep will try and push them. Vinnys presence going is huge too. I was not that gutted yesterday. I know it sounds crazy but I don’t want to win it every single season and win every game. It would get so boring if it becomes like Bayern or Celtic. Biggest Shame Liverpool will probably win one this year or next. If it was Chelsea or someone else I could handle it no issue. I am not going to let myself get as stressed as last season. Spent from January to the end of the season totally consumed by us winning it and was totally drained. Pep can mange it this season!!!

I'm glad someone else has said this because I am trying to be philosophical about it as well. The run-in last season was psychologically and emotionally very damaging to fans of both City and Liverpool. I read things about people unable to sleep, unable to eat and completely consumed by the whole thing to the point of a nervous breakdown. None of that can be right as it's supposed to be about enjoyment and a release from pressures of every day life. As it stands, City is an added pressure for many people. I'll admit I got swept up in the tribalism and stress of it all and, on reflection, it didn't do me any good.

I spent many years of my life just wishing we'd maybe win a domestic cup but, like the Trotters, never getting near the pot of gold. Four league titles in seven years has been the stuff of dreams. I'd like it to be five in eight but if it's not then I won't let it affect me. There are simply more important things in life. By the same token, I don't want Liverpool to win it, anyone but them would be fine, but if they do then they will have deserved it. They're a disciplined, well-organised team led by an outstanding manager. They're solid in defence, workmanlike in midfield and lethal in attack. The celebrations would be nauseating but I'd switch off from it and all would return to normal eventually.

What a fantastic end to my Weeks Holiday in Majorca.

Dreaded final Holiday day.
Flight was delayed for over 2 hours. Replacement plane sent.
Avoided the score on purpose. Got back to Manchester Airport, turned my mobile on, straight to the post Norwich match thread, and...... :-(
And to complete a miserable trip home, the black cab from the airport to Burnage was £27!

Do you know what you are right . Sooner rather than later city are gonna lose the title and maybe this year will be the one . But as you say it hurts more because it prob will be Liverpool and the media frenzy will be a nightmare. I look at them and I think they are relentless and gonna be hard to stop and his season . We moan about injuries and there lack of them but they must be doing something right in training . We haven’t looked right all season even though we were going unbeaten. Might be a blip us getting beat or maybe it’s gonna be a long season but I trust pep to get it right but even he gets it wrong like he has done by not bringing in a centre half

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.