Manchester City fan charged with racially abusing Sterling

It's usually young lads that are perceived as racist arseholes. But it's not usually the case, I've worked with young people for many years and luckily most are looking at racist imbreds with content.

I think racism has always been there and i actually think it’s a hell of a lot less of a problem now than it was in the past. We've never lived in a more tolerant society and we have the most tolerant society in the world. It’s just that with social media, it’s noticed by millions when in the past it might have only been noticed by a handful of people.

Yes and no. There has been a spike in reported hate crimes in the past couple of years.

I remember a game back last season. Some old blokes were in trouble for saying something along the lines of “get in you....” the police had words with them and it looked like they was in serious trouble, I was half cut but I remember them getting took up then seeing them getting a serious talking to when I went to leave on 70 mins (was going into town) . This was in 119, they was season ticket holders, they haven’t been there since or since last season. So I think it could be this, who knows.

A season ticket holder near me earned himself a lifetime ban for racially abusing David Luiz at the Chelsea match last season.

I would like to congratulate the fans who reported this to police. It`s all well and good saying we are against racism at games but we also need to make a stand, report it to police, give statements and, if required, attend court.
The only way to deal with racism in football is to take it out of footballs hand and let the judicial system deal with it in the strongest way. Apologies to the league and FA but you are a useless lot when it comes to criminality.

Absolutely. Huddersfield’s fine for wearing a stupid shirt was more than Millwall’s fine for repeated racist abuse from the terraces. Ridiculous.

If you don’t think Brexit has led to a rise in racism than that’s pretty special tbh.
I don’t think it has. Racism has always been there without Brexit looming over us.

Look at the vote for the BNP in 2009 European Parliament elections that saw the North West and Yorkshire have two BNP members elected. Leaving the EU wasn’t on the cards at the time yet there was racist feeling within some factions of the country.

I don’t think there’s been any more racism in society now than there was ten years ago. And even then we live in the most tolerant country in the world. Racism is barely a problem here. Small isolated incidents is about as far as it ever gets in general, maybe with more serious anomalies.

Many countries have some terrible racist crimes happening regularly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes and no. There has been a spike in reported hate crimes in the past couple of years.
But are they reported more simply because more people are reporting them compared to in the past?

More people are standing up to racists and homophobes than what used to happen. Where in the past people might have been scared to report them or would even turn a blind eye.

I don’t think it has.

lol

It’s a fact that there’s been a dramatic rise in race crime since the vote took place.

Even Johnson making comments about the attire of Muslim women led to a surge in hate crime against those in question.

Moving on though and I’m sure we’ll all agree, thank god this horrible bastard has been banned.

lol

It’s a fact that there’s been a dramatic rise in race crime since the vote took place.

Even Johnson making comments about the attire of Muslim women led to a surge in hate crime against those in question.

Moving on though and I’m sure we’ll all agree, thank god this horrible bastard has been banned.
An increase in race crimes doesn’t mean racism has risen, it’s the same racists who’ve always been racists just acting up more.

And, indeed. Good riddance!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.