The Quality of Our Press Has Gone Down - Agree / Disagree?

Jumanji

I would like to know if anyone has any stats to compare our (short) start of the season to last year's pressing numbers.

Watching the games, I feel like our intensity has dropped some. Am I going crazy, because that can't be possible with Pep...right? He won't accept it for much longer if so.

Blasphemous to say perhaps considering Kun is our top scorer, but personally, I think we should be playing Gabriel Jesus. Kun has long been my favourite player. I used to never get names on shirts and he was the first player to have changed that for me.

But based on Jesus's cameos. I see that we can be more intense with him in the lineup. He has come back looking extremely sharp and hungry. I hope Pep Ken see that.

I think David's leg's are going this season either. I saw it coming and was hoping that him being captain would galvanise him to find that last ounce of potency this season but he's not as nimble as he used to be.

And Gundogan, similarly, i think he's kind of jacked after those injuries. He came back looking a bit heavy as well. Yesterday, I was fuming red because on occasions he would stroll along while Bernardo literally sprinted back and forth 4 times in a short amount of time trying to chase the ball to no avail like a dog after a dangling treat.

I don't think Gundogan and DS should play together as AMs away from home.

I think these players are affecting our press some, and wanted to know what you all think. It's the games you don't wake up for against the little teams that I'm talking about. I'm not worried about it in big matches, because those matches breathe new life into players. I could be talking out of my arse right now, so I'm hoping you guys can help me see why I'm wrong, if I'm indeed incorrect.

His Bayern team were excellent at pressing. I don't think we have been at that level in terms of pressing.

If we want to press the best possible way then KDB and Bernardo should play as 8s and Jesus on the wing and Sterling on other side with Aguero in the middle. think thats our best pressing team. Foden is also excellent at it

Playing Gundogan, Silva at the same time is disastrous for it

Last edited:
One bad game...

Ridiculous pre-season,players not in top shape yet

Stopped reading at drop sergio
Hi Karen, this isn't in reaction to one game. Very interesting point you've made about the pre-season. I really hope you're right about it!! It's already September, though. How long you think it might take?

One bad game...
Hopefully one bad game Karen,just got the feeling we went into it expecting to steamroller them,but there was a complacency in our play or going through the motions type of play at times,but I’ll wait till weds game then Saturday’s game home to Watford before I start panicking to much,but stones and Otamendi for me don’t work together....

Hi Karen, this isn't in reaction to one game. Very interesting point you've made about the pre-season. I really hope you're right about it!! It's already September, though. How long you think it might take?
Whoever signed off on the pre-season tour needs shooting,money over preperation,left late,red hot temps and humidity,dippers played several more games than us and in this country,the whole thing was a farce,we'll be alright

One bad game...

Ridiculous pre-season,players not in top shape yet

Stopped reading at drop sergio

i agree with you. Im not trying to have a go at the op here, but some of the reactions on here have been ridiculous. do city fans not know how to handle defeat anymore?

one defeat in how ever many months.

Hopefully one bad game Karen,just got the feeling we went into it expecting to steamroller them,but there was a complacency in our play or going through the motions type of play at times,but I’ll wait till weds game then Saturday’s game home to Watford before I start panicking to much,but stones and Otamendi for me don’t work together....
After years of being told our defence can be got at and finally they are right ha,the attitude was all wrong yesterday,passed it about slowly confident we would batter them later on,i thought we would concede first,we have seen many games like that before,it's not new,what we also have to accept is it's difficult to maintain the intensity 3 seasons running when you have won everything in england,add to that we lost our defensive rock and capt,it's not quite dropping sergio territory,that is guaranteed to get my back right up! we have to hold our nerve and let nico and john work their shite out and not react like we have since yesterday

After years of being told our defence can be got at and finally they are right ha,the attitude was all wrong yesterday,passed it about slowly confident we would batter them later on,i thought we would concede first,we have seen many games like that before,it's not new,what we also have to accept is it's difficult to maintain the intensity 3 seasons running when you have won everything in england,add to that we lost our defensive rock and capt,it's not quite dropping sergio territory,that is guaranteed to get my back right up! we have to hold our nerve and let nico and john work their shite out and not react like we have since yesterday
Yeah good points,but for me stones and Otamendi are good defenders along side Laporte or kompany but for me together it’s a bit of a car crash,time will tell,but have to say in the first time in a long time every time Norwich attacked I was worried it was gonna lead to a goal ..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.