Shakhtar Donetsk (a) pre-match thread

Shakhtar Donetsk (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably the missing part in the complete jigsaw for Pep while he is here so you expect a focus this year to win the trophy and quite likely given we haven't replaced VK with a true leader like he was and are somewhat dodgy in the back until January at least where we might have to bring in reinforcements.

Its never easy to win 3 leagues titles in a row especially on the back of the way we won the last two so you would expect a drop off in intensity and results like Norwich are not such a surprise albeit we have to keep them to a minimum if we are to be in the title hunt this season.

I suspect Liverpool will finally break through this season but falter in Europe and we have a decent chance to win the Chumps League this season remembering Liverpool won it last season losing all three of their away games.

Ederson
Cancelo
Stones
Fernandinho
Mendy
Rodrigo
De Bruyne
Bernado
Mahrez
Sterling
Gabriel

Lots of people throwing Mendy in, he hasn't touched the subs bench yet, never mind been near a starting line up, be surprised if he starts a game away in the Ukraine.

Just get through the game without a damaging defeat. Teamwork and morale needs to be rebuilt.

The defeat at Norwich feels different to other defeats. It feels like City have developed a weakness and there's no easy solution.

Just get through the game without a damaging defeat. Teamwork and morale needs to be rebuilt.

The defeat at Norwich feels different to other defeats. It feels like City have developed a weakness and there's no easy solution.

Nah, a lot of it has been overreaction. The only (obvious) weakness City have is defending from set pieces. One of mistakes are usually marked off, but having Stones and Otamendi as a partnership in 2019 doesn't help either, neither are good enough to be playing for City in 2019, no matter how much people have convinced themselves of it.

Nah, a lot of it has been overreaction. The only (obvious) weakness City have is defending from set pieces. One of mistakes are usually marked off, but having Stones and Otamendi as a partnership in 2019 doesn't help either, neither are good enough to be playing for City in 2019, no matter how much people have convinced themselves of it.

I think that's a harsh assessment. I think both of them play better with a talker and organiser. As a partnership there are flaws but with an experienced head I think both are strong player who've made a big contribution to our recent successes. I've been surprised not to see Ferna more this season: perhaps his "how to become a CB" course is ongoing and him playing with one of them, or both as a 3, is a live option for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.