******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
so its been a great summer of crickets ??? we only won the ODI world cup after a tied game and a tied super over and scored more 4's and 6's than new zealand, then we drew the ashes 2.2 but they retain the urn because they are the holding team ?? only in cricket can you be a winner even if you don't win a game or test series

england was poor and the aussies was just a little better ?? both captains are not really good enough to be captains and both will come out of this summer cricket as winners and doing ok ??? its says it all when our batting line up was all over the place and theirs was not much better but we could not get steve smith out cheaply and he was the wall between the two teams

the only good thing to come out of this summers crickets is moeen ali being finally cut from the game at international level, how on earth did he get picked in the first place ??, leach needs to picked for the winter tours even if its not a good wicket for spinners you have to have a spinner that knows how to bowl unlike moeen ali and his lucky bag of bowling, i bet he even did not know what was coming out of his hand and it was pot luck

I thought the only restriction was that you could have no more than two fielders behind square leg?
Aye fair enough, I was thinking about one day cricket.

But still, trying all these funky field positions and set ups are part of the reason why England got themselves into such a tizz. Just bowl straight, top of off / 4th wicket and hope a bit of sideways movement can get one to seam, swing or nibble. He ended up edging the ball and getting hit on the pads a few times in the last couple of games.

so its been a great summer of crickets ??? we only won the ODI world cup after a tied game and a tied super over and scored more 4's and 6's than new zealand, then we drew the ashes 2.2 but they retain the urn because they are the holding team ?? only in cricket can you be a winner even if you don't win a game or test series

england was poor and the aussies was just a little better ?? both captains are not really good enough to be captains and both will come out of this summer cricket as winners and doing ok ??? its says it all when our batting line up was all over the place and theirs was not much better but we could not get steve smith out cheaply and he was the wall between the two teams

the only good thing to come out of this summers crickets is moeen ali being finally cut from the game at international level, how on earth did he get picked in the first place ??, leach needs to picked for the winter tours even if its not a good wicket for spinners you have to have a spinner that knows how to bowl unlike moeen ali and his lucky bag of bowling, i bet he even did not know what was coming out of his hand and it was pot luck
Christ you sound fun.

As regards Botham and Gower, I'll miss them both, I think Botham injected a bit of humour into proceedings that Gower seemed reluctant to do most of the time, and Gower provides the in-depth analysis to keep things on track.

As for the series, we really missed a trick in that first test that would have set the tone for the rest of the Ashes. I think the England bowlers developed a mental block about Smith, who was magnificent in this series, the cheating twat.

Broad and Archer were superb, Leach's 92 was quality, Stokes produced arguably the best ever knock by an Englishman in an Ashes test. Our batting was pretty piss-poor throughout, the usual collapses occurring, must be a mental strength and concentration issue. But Smith asides, the Aussies weren't much better, so a draw was probably the right result.

I really enjoyed the cricket over the summer, made up for no football being on. I wonder who will replace Trevor Bayliss as coach?

"We only won the world cup" jesus christ I've seen it all now

England have had a good summer but it’s disappointing that we couldn’t regain the Ashes. I know we were missing arguably the best swing bowler in the game but the standard of opposition was quite weak.

Broad, Archer, Stokes and Burns were our stand-out performers. Leach, Root, Buttler and Denly did okay, too.

Looking ahead to the winter, I’d like to see Pope, Foakes and S Curran given extended opportunities in the side. I’d drop Bairstow and Woakes/Leach against New Zealand

But still, trying all these funky field positions and set ups are part of the reason why England got themselves into such a tizz. Just bowl straight, top of off / 4th wicket and hope a bit of sideways movement can get one to seam, swing or nibble. He ended up edging the ball and getting hit on the pads a few times in the last couple of games.
Smith is just about the world’s most unorthodox batsman. He relies on an almost superhuman hand/eye coordination and incredibly strong wrists.

Orthodox bowling lines don’t work against him. The trick is try different angles and get him so square that he is naturally playing everything to leg where the 7 fielders will be. To counter that he has to play to the off which given his square on body position will make life difficult.

It might not have worked but it would have interrupted his normal modus operandi.

Agreed. Consistent line and length is what's needed. Like all batsmen, he's got a mistake in him if the bowlers can be patient enough. Easier said than done though!

"We only won the world cup" jesus christ I've seen it all now

i did not say that ???

i said we won the world cup by drawing a game of ODI cricket then tied a super over and won it on more boundaries ??? and then drew the ashes but lost because they was the holding team from 2 years ago, so can that be a great summer of cricket ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.