City Maintain Premier League Record Of 18 Wins In A Row!

jrb

According to the Sports Man, Talkshite, and the BBC. Below.

It might be a slight technicality, but I'm sure City won 18 games on the run in the same 2017-18 season? I could be wrong? ;-) The 1st win was beating Bournemouth 1-2 on the 26th of August. The 18th win was beating Newcastle 0-1 on the 27th of December. City's PL 18 match unbeaten run *in the same season* came to and end with a 0-0 draw at Crystal Palace on the 31st of December. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017–18_Manchester_City_F.C._season

Liverpool. They've won their first 5 games this season. Winning another 5 games this season would make it 10 wins in a row in so far this season. Still 9 straight wins away from beating City's PL record of 18 wins in the same season.

I see what the sports media in this country are starting do. They are including Liverpool's winning run from last season. Adding it to their first 5 wins this season. And hoping they will win the next 5 games this season, to make it 19 PL wins on the run.

It's not like the sports media in this country to try and rewrite footballing history, is it, especially where their beloved Liverpool are concerned.

BBC.

It also means they have become only the fourth team to win 14 top-flight fixtures in a row, equalling Arsenal's record of 14 in 2002 and putting them one behind Manchester City's run of 15 in a row this year and four behind the 18 consecutive league wins City achieved in 2017.

That would be funnier than last year 97 points bestest ever ever runners up and now the bestest of the best winning run and the Dippers still don't win the title , their will be a 24/7 suicide watch on Murkyside if they don't top the league next May , Yankee candle would be opening their own shop at Klanfield.

i'd be surprised if they beat Chelsea at the Bridge on Sun. They dont have a particularly good record there, should have lost last year, and Chelsea are running into some form.

A record over two seasons isn't nearly as impressive as a record achieved within one season.

Imagien they win 20 games in a row over those two seasons and still finish 2nd both seasons. Would be hilarious.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.