The Quality of Our Press Has Gone Down - Agree / Disagree?

Whoever signed off on the pre-season tour needs shooting,money over preperation,left late,red hot temps and humidity,dippers played several more games than us and in this country,the whole thing was a farce,we'll be alright
Absolutely correct!

It should be a fucking wakeup call for the club but it won't be. They will sign up to these stupid world tours hindering us every season just to earn that bit more money.

If it was up to me, and going off Pep's call when he had control of it one year at Bayern, our pre-season would be:
Training starts at the CFA
Friendly at the CFA against a lower league local side
Training camp in the Med
An Etihad tournament at the Etihad
Training camp in the Alps
A tournament in Dublin or Glasgow
Training at the CFA
Friendly in London/Community Shield

Fuck these stupid world tours off.

Over the years we've seen players pick up injuries on baseball pitches, players picking up injuries on bobbly/poor pitches. players playing when jet lagged, us spending more time on planes and coaches than actually training or properly resting, and us sometimes playing no more than four matches.

Maybe we should judge the effect of pre season at the end of the season, China ain't going away with their stake in the club, City will come good and we will win trophies again this season, early wake up call won't do us any harm for future results and potential for strengthening the defence in January ... I'm more than happy for every **** and his dog writing us off this early in the season, City will thrive on this negativity and produce the goods when it matters....! How many
" We are going to win the league" trophies have the dippers won now?..

Maybe we should judge the effect of pre season at the end of the season, China ain't going away with their stake in the club, City will come good and we will win trophies again this season, early wake up call won't do us any harm for future results and potential for strengthening the defence in January ... I'm more than happy for every **** and his dog writing us off this early in the season, City will thrive on this negativity and produce the goods when it matters....! How many
" We are going to win the league" trophies have the dippers won now?..
We are not buying anyone in jan,pep said to all the managers we are not coming for your players in jan,won't stop the press asking him every week though

We are not buying anyone in jan,pep said to all the managers we are not coming for your players in jan,won't stop the press asking him every week though
You may be right Karen but if the right player is available for the right money, I'm sure you would agree Pep won't pass up an opportunity to strengthen the squad ....

I think the new rule allowing defenders to play the ball in the box from the keeper is definitely affecting the efficiency of the press as it makes it much easier for the keeper to release the ball.
This combined with the fact more and more teams are playing out from the back and getting better at is as a result is probably why our press is not as effective as it has been.
Playing out from the back is becoming the norm now rather than the exception.
It is and Pep of course is getting no recognition for it.We have revolutionised the game in this country. .and of course teams are learning how to deal with us...if their managers have the balls to instruct their teams to do so.Norwich City's manager has to be given great credit for his teams display on Saturday.

I think Saturday's poor performance was down to a lack of preparation, might explain why everyone was shite. These international breaks just fuck everything up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.