Drinks you only drank in your teens

It was £ s d when I was in my teens, and mild was 1/8d a pint in the Star Inn in Ashton, 1/10d for bitter. You could have a great night out for £1 10s (£1.50 for you young 'uns) including fish and chips on the was home from Heywood's chippy, mainly on Fridays and Saturdays. The rest of the week I only drank 6 pints per night. If City were away, we'd try to catch up if we got back in time.
Haven't had a pint of mild for years.
Heywoods chippy, used to love a couple of pasties from there on my way home, covered in salt!!!

A mate said the same thing and got refused. I had time to check out the wares and in a broken voice said "a pint of skol please." Daggers from the mate who sat supping his coke.
Haha. Sounds similar to my days trying to get served as a 16 year old Bimbo. Pint of bitter in a gruff voice in the pub, and 10p please in a girly voice when paying the bus driver.

And who remembers clipper cards? Pretending to clip your ticket but jibbing on the bus for nowt hoping the inspector didn't get on.

Haha. Sounds similar to my days trying to get served as a 16 year old Bimbo. Pint of bitter in a gruff voice in the pub, and 10p please in a girly voice when paying the bus driver.

And who remembers clipper cards? Pretending to clip your ticket but jibbing on the bus for nowt hoping the inspector didn't get on.
I remember being gutted when the busses went up to 12p. Clipper cards went from 90p to £1.08

Woodpecker
Merrydown
Triple Vintage
Olde English

Been that long ago, I can't remember if some or all of them tasted like piss. Think Olde English was as potent as lemonade and Triple Vintage might have been the strongest. Either way, I haven't touched a drop of any since my mid-teens.

If pubs only sold pints of mixed/dark mild we'd have a teatotal society now.

Used to like a Cinzarno as a kid!!!

Cinzano Bianco or Martini shite in a bottle was always last to go at parties in my teenage years. I can smell it now and even that is enough to make me honk.

If pubs only sold pints of mixed/dark mild we'd have a teatotal society now.

Used to like a Cinzarno as a kid!!!

Chester’s mild was great.

My favourite drink now is a boulevardier.
Double bourbon, single martini Rossi, single Campari, loads of ice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.