John Stones - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a disaster. ONE fit centre back. It was always going to cost us not signing one in the summer wasn’t it?..

Seemed crazy at the time to not replace Kompany given Stones' injury record/patchy form and the fact Otamendi isn't totally trusted either. If the idea was that Fernandinho can do a job there and Garcia is ready to step up then it looks like we're about to find out whether that was a risk worth taking. Whatever the case, we've made our own luck with regards to this situation.

We'll play Walker, Rodri and Ferna at CB before the young lads I think. Can honestly see a scenario where we've got Rodri and Fernandinho as a CB pairing with Gundogan at #6 before we start Garcia or THB.

Doesn't worry me having Fernandinho replacing him.

Ferna has twice the tenacity and physically of Stones anyway - despite the obvious size difference.

If we are being fair - he has been not much more than average for the most of the calendar year. His peak at City probably came during his short spell at CB with Laporte early last season, but for the investment and faith put in him by Pep and the board - he's been hugely underwhelming.

We'll play Walker, Rodri and Ferna at CB before the young lads I think. Can honestly see a scenario where we've got Rodri and Fernandinho as a CB pairing with Gundogan at #6 before we start Garcia or THB.

Oh yeah 100%, in no world do I envision THB or Garcia actually playing a game in the Prem or CL this season

Doesn't worry me having Fernandinho replacing him.

Ferna has twice the tenacity and physically of Stones anyway - despite the obvious size difference.

If we are being fair - he has been not much more than average for the most of the calendar year. His peak at City probably came during his short spell at CB with Laporte early last season, but for the investment and faith put in him by Pep and the board - he's been hugely underwhelming.

In the odd game, no but Fernandinho is simply not a CB. I remember when Pep tried to play Fernandinho as a fullback once and he was totally abject. I just don't see Fernandinho playing as a CB for a prolong period of time ending well for us.

In the odd game, no but Fernandinho is simply not a CB. I remember when Pep tried to play Fernandinho as a fullback once and he was totally abject. I just don't see Fernandinho playing as a CB for a prolong period of time ending well for us.

There’s a big difference playing CB and RB to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.