John Stones - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the odd game, no but Fernandinho is simply not a CB. I remember when Pep tried to play Fernandinho as a fullback once and he was totally abject. I just don't see Fernandinho playing as a CB for a prolong period of time ending well for us.

I know what you are saying - and he looked miles out of his depth in the 15 mins he was there at old trafford in 2017.

However..
I just trust the man/player more than Stones. Infact i'm at an impasse where I would barely consider stones a centre half himself; he is so frail.

Can definitely picture ferna in a back 3/5 as the centre link with midfield and walker/otamendi *gags* beside him - cancelo and mendy either side of those..

Christ. The injuries are unfortunate but between all of them and his various "bouts of confidence" it just isn't good enough.

There’s a big difference playing CB and RB to be honest.

Of course but it's more to the point that I don't think Ferna is as adaptable as Pep seems to think. He's a fantastic CDM but to play him as a long-term CB solution is bound to end badly.

I know what you are saying - and he looked miles out of his depth in the 15 mins he was there at old trafford in 2017.

However..
I just trust the man/player more than Stones. Infact i'm at an impasse where I would barely consider stones a centre half himself; he is so frail.

Can definitely picture ferna in a back 3/5 as the centre link with midfield and walker/otamendi *gags* beside him - cancelo and mendy either side of those..

I know what you mean but I think Stones is still a far more competent CB than Fernandinho. I'd much rather just see Garcia or THB who are actual centre backs in that position and have Fernandinho and Rodri just ahead as extra cover.

In the odd game, no but Fernandinho is simply not a CB. I remember when Pep tried to play Fernandinho as a fullback once and he was totally abject. I just don't see Fernandinho playing as a CB for a prolong period of time ending well for us.
This is the reality but hopefully he can be a success in the short run. Remember Kolorov!!!

Hasn’t been able to stay fit in the last 9 months and when he has played he hasn’t been at his best due to lack of game time. I do feel sorry for the lad but it always seems he has muscle injuries. I can’t see Guardiola keeping faith with him if he continues like this

Hasn’t been able to stay fit in the last 9 months and when he has played he hasn’t been at his best due to lack of game time. I do feel sorry for the lad but it always seems he has muscle injuries. I can’t see Guardiola keeping faith with him if he continues like this

Not quite that straight forward as we have found with Otamendi in the summer. Offloading players who are underperforming and on huge contracts is a major problem for City and many other clubs too.

Only ourselves to blame giving Otamendi huge deal after purple patch in the first half of 17/18 season. We have tendency at times to give contracts based on purple patch. See Kolarov, Nasri, Dzeko in the past for example as well

We have to keep faith with him for the rest of the season at least. A distinct lack of confidence and seemingly an inability to impose himself on the opposition do seem valid reasons in their own right to get rid of him leaving aside the obvious injury concerns. This is a pity because he does have good attributes and has on occasions shown a glimmer of real quality.

The silver lining is Fernandinho will be back in the team, we need a true leader at the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.