Shakhtar Donetsk (a) pre-match thread

Shakhtar Donetsk (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have no expectations of a team containing De Bruyne, Sterling, Aguero, Bernardo Silva, David Silva, Ederson, Walker, Gundogan, Fernandhino and Ottamendi?
I do. Very high ones. I expect Pep does too.
You are only as good as your back line,all those players played badly on sat except sergio,rodders and kev when he came on,it's not played on paper,last season was very stressful,i've decided to just go with the flow this season

Benny has been out for 2yrs,he won't be getting a few mins here and there for ages,jo is an unknown quantity,we have 1 CB but you want to chuck in a kid and 2 fullbacks who haven''t played for yonks? blimey

Not what he said though. If we do not let Garcia start, then the fullbacks should get some game time.
I don't think we will see Cancelo and Garcia from start, that's not realistic. I think he will actually play it safe, with Walker - Ferna - Ota - Zinchenko. But I hope he tries either Cancelo or Garcia. We can't afford to experiment in the league, not for one bit. But tonight? We sure can. It's stupid not to.

Not what he said though. If we do not let Garcia start, then the fullbacks should get some game time.
I don't think we will see Cancelo and Garcia from start, that's not realistic. I think he will actually play it safe, with Walker - Ferna - Ota - Zinchenko. But I hope he tries either Cancelo or Garcia. We can't afford to experiment in the league, not for one bit. But tonight? We sure can. It's stupid not to.
This is the CL,we have a cup game next week to experiment and get the likes of jo and benny up to speed

This is the CL,we have a cup game next week to experiment and get the likes of jo and benny up to speed

If we lose next week we’re out of a comp that gives the likes of Foden etc more game time. If we lose tonight, we’re still in the competition and can put out stronger teams in the other group games to get through.

Would like us to play 3-5-2
Eddy
Walker - Garcia - Otimendi
Cancelo Zinchenko
Ferny
Bernardo KDB
Aguero Sterling

Although Garcia is a youngster, his main attribute would be passing from the back and taking a bit of pressure of Oti, who had a brain fart in possession Saturday.

Surely this is cancelo's night, let's see what he's like.
Time to shake off Saturday, come on city!!

We paid enough for him so he has to play soon. When he came on at Bournemouth he looked smaller than Walker though and I doubt we can effort to lose anymore height at the back.

Time to blood a few youngsters at the back. I am reminded of Tommy Booth making his debut as an 18 year old. It worked out pretty well for him. We need to give Harwood-Bellis and Garcia the chance to show if they have the right stuff.

When I’ve seen them play they have looked good.

I cant remember which great Manager said “if you’re good enough you’re old enough” but he was dead right. Time to find out if these two are old enough.
Matt Busby I think.

EEw7EhtWkAAg7Ze.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.