John Stones - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel very sorry for John.

He’s just recovered from on niggling injury, only to be out again for a few weeks.

It’s hard to build up any consistency when you’re constantly trying to return to match fitness.

He's hardly pulled up tree's since signing. Yes he cleared the ball off the line that won the title but wind that back 2 seconds and he's the one that boots it against Edersons face in the first place! Kinda sums him up at City some great stuff but equally some poor.

How could Pep have played him there before now? He was needed in midfield, and he's been rested post copa-america so far this season.

We've never seen Fernandinho as a CB, but we have seen him do brilliantly in ever midfield position, right back, left back and even right wing once. Until I see evidence to the contrary, I believe 100% he'll be an excellent CB as well, which is more than Stones has been recently.
there are plenty on here that believe Gundogan plays brilliant in the DM position, so the need is not there, Fernandinho for me did well at RB and LB but not brilliant and will never play as well as Stones at CB although i believe he will do okay as a short term stop gap just as he did at LB and RB

He's hardly pulled up tree's since signing. Yes he cleared the ball off the line that won the title but wind that back 2 seconds and he's the one that boots it against Edersons face in the first place! Kinda sums him up at City some great stuff but equally some poor.

Disagree with this.

I think he’s been excellent at times and during both the centurion season and last season, he was an undisputed starting CB until the Christmas period in which he got injured.

He’s been very unlucky in the sense he hasn’t been able to regain his form in the 2nd half of the season and that is the part that people remember the most.

Now talk of him being offered a new contract, why are there other clubs after him. I don't think so with his injuries and performancies. Run his contract down not extend it. Anybody agree?

If Stones gets new contract its solely because of his nationality, not for football reasons. Hes yet to have one full good season for us. So lets be honest here, he has not really done anything to deserve new deal. New deal also comes with bump in wages too...

Why can't we just have HG back up keeper? Does the second choice have to be amazing with feet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.