Seeing players in strange places

Jamie Pollock defending Paul Dickov from bouncers outside the bogs at the willows Salford at citys end of season do, all the bouncers were rags and the event was abandoned!

Not football but went watching Lancashire Vs Worcestershire in a cup semi final at New Road back in 2003. It was one of the hottest days of the year and I was queueing up for an ice cream and I got a tap on my shoulder. When I turned round it was only cricket legend Richie Benaud who was doing commentary for channel 4 and he asked me could I break a £5 note. I told him don't worry and I bought him 2 ice creams. He then stayed and chatted with me for about 5 minutes talking about cricket and I got his autograph. Absolute gentleman he was
Anyone else worrying about what happened to Richie's second ice cream?

Also cricket related, I once worked at a print company and this guy came to reception wanting a quote on some work. I instantly recognised him as former Lancs captain John Abrahams (about 5 yrs after his last game) and I think he was even more shocked when I said I recognised him. He didn't go ahead with the work. True story that. Dull, but true.

First time flying to Florida, I saw Paul Merson in the bar at Manchester Airport. I know this doesn't count as seeing players in strange places but as he held up our plane for 30 minutes I though it apt to point out that he is an annoying, pissed-up knobhead.

Also saw Terry Phelan in a Wacky Warehouse pub at Hunger Hill, Bolton in the early noughties. Not in the ball pit.

Not exactly very strange however, I met David Silva in a Ryanair queue flying back to Manchester from Reus Airport. He was at the back of the queue and I'd been running for the flight thinking I'd missed it.

Also saw Ian Rush on a Ryanair flight. Can't remember where we were flying back from though. It might have been Paris.

Also saw Dean Windass in T3 last year.

George Heslop from my hospital bed in 1971. His son was also having his tonsils out and was in the adjacent bed. He was my friend because he had stickle bricks.

Pissed up and ended up with a girl who took me back to her friends house on the Racecourse estate in sale. Woke up in the middle of the night lay on the sofa and Roger Palmer was with her mate on the chair. Wrong time to ask for an autograph. We just nodded at each other. Good times.....
Similar story here for me but with Robert Croft the cricketer. I wasnt shagging Robert Croft, obviously. We both ended up back in this house in Cardiff with student nurses

Not exactly very strange however, I met David Silva in a Ryanair queue flying back to Manchester from Reus Airport. He was at the back of the queue and I'd been running for the flight thinking I'd missed it.

Also saw Ian Rush on a Ryanair flight. Can't remember where we were flying back from though. It might have been Paris.

Also saw Dean Windass in T3 last year.
Reus airport was that a visit to Salou ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.