Nicolas Otamendi - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not as serious as benny's was,he has recovered from a broken leg before so i think he'll be ok

I hope you're correct but I believe he's out until next season or at least won't be up to the level of fitness he was until next.

I hope you're correct but I believe he's out until next season or at least won't be up to the level of fitness he was until next.
I'm probably in denial lol,we have won back to back titles and the domestic treble so i'm not going to stress if we fall short this season

He puts in the very occasional world class performance but is a liability and only does what he should do every time about fifty percent of the time. His time at Valencia and during our 100 point season were the purple patches and he's been consistently inconsistent the rest of his career. He makes mistakes you'd find hard to defend when committed by a young player but he's far beyond that now.

This is why nobody would pay his wages in the summer and therefore why we're going to be stuck relying on him until at least January. Absolutely brainless.

Totally agree, he looks world class every blue moon but he’s got one possibly two absolute clangers in him every game, a walking disaster who rubs off on stones and then he goes to pot too

Ota’s always had a clanger in him. He’ll be hurting like fcuk after Saturday.

I’m more sanguine than most. I don’t think he’s a useless, short-arsed geriatric. On the whole, he’s served us well without ever being a Baresi or Maldini. Nor do I think we should have spunked £80m on a CB squaddie just in case the world caves in. That decision wasn’t made with the wonderful benefit of hindsight.

Man up you fannies. He’ll cover for a few months without too much more drama.

The jet lag affected him a bit. That error was simply a tired mind.

He was good in Spurs though.

As a whole the defense had a lot of errors. But our chance creating before the desperate last 10 minutes was pedestrian.

The front wasn't particularly Sharp. Frankly the whole team wasn't. Even Rodri who was our best player was full of errors. He was just so much more talented than everyone around him that his errors weren't as glaring.

The whole team was poor. Ederson and Rodri on the corner goal, Walker keeping the Norrich squad inside on the 2bd John and Ota' on 2 separate occasions giving away goal causing balls. Walker adde one too for good measure.

David's thought processes were 1 step behind. Gundogan kept possession but lacked any dynamism. Rodri had great presence but even he gave up some dangerous balls, Zinchencko was blah.

Raheem got shut down by Byram and Lewis kept on top of Bernado. Aguero was meh!

All around a poor game. But we'll be better.

Very fair post overall, but you still have a massive blind spot re. Otamendi.

I'm surprised no one (ie @Dax777) mentioned Otamendi was playing on the left for the first time in quite a while, having played on the right for the other 3 games of the season and for Argentina.

I looked back through his appearances and his form seems to correlate to when he plays on 1 side of the defence consistently. Whether it's on the left when partnering Stones in the centurions season, or on the right next to Laporte, he does well when settled, and when he moves around his form seems to drop.

If, with Laporte's injury he plays the next 5 months on the left side of defence, I think there's a decent chance he finds his best form.

Didn't have a lot to do last night as did most in defence but still not convinced by him, there's a mistake in every game he plays in. His passing is nowhere near the rest of the full backs. He needs to be moved on come the end of the season and replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.