Benjamin Mendy - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
No chance he needs some time be brought back in just to make sure don't want him getting injured again.

Exactly. Good to have him back, now we don’t need to rush him. Bring him off the bench for the next 2-3 games and then start him. Don’t think he should even start Preston away, who knows what the pitch will be like. Start Angelino and bring Mendy on.

No chance he needs some time be brought back in just to make sure don't want him getting injured again.

Exactly. Good to have him back, now we don’t need to rush him. Bring him off the bench for the next 2-3 games and then start him. Don’t think he should even start Preston away, who knows what the pitch will be like. Start Angelino and bring Mendy on.

He's been fit for 6 weeks though, it's not like a normal return from injury. They've given him a month of extra time to make sure he's fit and the knee is fine. It would literally be impossible for him to be rushed back at this point.

He has to start games at some point, can't just give him 10 minute cameos every 6 games in case his knee explodes.

He's been fit for 6 weeks though, it's not like a normal return from injury. They've given him a month of extra time to make sure he's fit and the knee is fine. It would literally be impossible for him to be rushed back at this point.

He has to start games at some point, can't just give him 10 minute cameos every 6 games in case his knee explodes.

Yeah exactly. Be very surprised if he doesn't start at Preston.

Agree with you, he has to play and there isn´t much to do if his knees don´t hold up...

Yeah exactly. Be very surprised if he doesn't start at Preston.

See, from a risk perspective, I'd rather he played a Premier League side at the Etihad than at Deepdale against Championship players fired up for the big game against the champions.

See, from a risk perspective, I'd rather he played a Premier League side at the Etihad than at Deepdale against Championship players fired up for the big game against the champions.
I'd start Mendy against Watford and Angelino at Preston with Zinchenko in midfield.

I think it's getting to the point where his knee can either take playing professional football or it can't. They've been very careful this time but sooner or later his knee will have to be tested. Deepdale is a decent pitch, unlike Burton. A hard or bad tackle could happen anytime unfortunately.

Genuinely impressed by how lean he looked. I remember when he came back last time and he looked a lot heavier and a lot less mobile. He looked faster and sharper already last night compared to then. Fingers crossed he can stay fit as I think he'll make a huge, huge difference to the team if he does.

What about all the other musculature and general sharpness after you have been out for so long? Best to ease him back into match games gradually otherwise he might pick up little strains and it will be stop-start. City also have changes in the back 4. Making too many is not a good idea.

Genuinely impressed by how lean he looked. I remember when he came back last time and he looked a lot heavier and a lot less mobile. He looked faster and sharper already last night compared to then. Fingers crossed he can stay fit as I think he'll make a huge, huge difference to the team if he does.

This is a valid point. Freddie Flintoff Struggled with an Ankle injury most of his career. When he retired he had a go at boxing and lost 2 stone for the fight - he was in better shape for that boxing match than i think he ever was playing Cricket. How much better would his Cricket have been if he had taken some time out in his late 20's to get really fit - lose some weight so there was less strain on his ankle.

It is Mendy's own body weight that his knee has to cope with. The less of it the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.