Best type of dog

We have owned Westies Great Danes Rottweilers and Golden Retrievers and for intelligence and behaviour the Rottie won hands down. It was a Kennel Club animal bred for temperament and a joy to have it a part of the fam for 11 years. The Great Dane was a pleasant soul but was the most clumsy gormless unintelligent waste of oxygen I have ever encountered in all my doggie years and very evident how the incarnation for Scooby Doo came about. For all it's misgivings though it was a likeable thing.
Part of the “fam”, you a 60 year rapper Bob?

Depends what you want from a dog and what commitment you can give to them.

Some breeds just can’t be left on their own, they go nuts and will wreck your hours. Other need loads of exercise, good with children and other animals etc. You need to do quite a bit of research to decide what s best for your family.

We got a King Charles Cavalier. Great with kids, happy to be left on their own for a while, need little exercise, don’t wreck stuff. Lovely little dogs, but not much use if you want to go out running with it for example.

Just got my second cocker spaniel on Tuesday, love the little bastards. They are soppy cunts but they are lovely dogs, generally pretty clever and trainable and good around kids and the like. Main criteria though was they are the right size, big enough to do proper dog stuff and not be embarrassed to be seen with it, not so big that it can get at stuff on the counters. Depends what you want though, most dogs are ace (except Lhasa Rapsu's and Shi Tzu's, they are almost all cunts)

As I said on another post I have a 10 week old cocker spaniel pup you are welcome to trial for a few months and then hand back when all trained up.

joking aside Cockers are a perfect family dog but so are plenty other breeds as cross breeds.

AGbWFhQ.jpg

Just got my second cocker spaniel on Tuesday, love the little bastards. They are soppy cunts but they are lovely dogs, generally pretty clever and trainable and good around kids and the like. Main criteria though was they are the right size, big enough to do proper dog stuff and not be embarrassed to be seen with it, not so big that it can get at stuff on the counters. Depends what you want though, most dogs are ace (except Lhasa Rapsu's and Shi Tzu's, they are almost all cunts)

On my third as of last Friday, settling in nicely and already nailed down the hierarchy, back down to third for me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.