#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
And where would you loan him too and for how long?

If we were to loan him out to play at a lower level, what good would come from that?

Loan him to another Premier League team, I’m sure someone like Wolves would snap our hands off to take him on loan.

Not convinced he will. I’ve always agreed he should stay here but now I think he needs a loan and to play or been involved week in week out.

He might be not physically ready to play weak in week out in the PL. And it is not clear it would be good for him to play in the championship where the type of football is very different from what City play.

Who is going to replace him in the squad? Should we splash 40-50m on another midfielder while waiting Foden to mature? We can't just loan out a midfielder without a replacement. We play 2 games per week until January and probably after that too. We can't rely on all our midfielders staying fit and also on Dave to start many games.

If we were to loan him out to play at a lower level, what good would come from that?

I don’t know. Probably too late to loan him now. He should have gone to a Bournemouth or Southampton in the summer... City and Pep are under big pressure to promote and produce an academy prospect; just hope that’s not to the detriment of Foden.

I have no idea what is going on but he should be coming on for 20 mins or playing 60 mins at this stage regularly

It’s really not developing him at all sat on his arse is or coming on in njury time . He is either the best talent or not,

It’s a waste of a position with city glasses on and career with Foden glasses on.

He might be not physically ready to play weak in week out in the PL. And it is not clear it would be good for him to play in the championship where the type of football is very different from what City play.

Who is going to replace him in the squad? Should we splash 40-50m on another midfielder while waiting Foden to mature? We can't just loan out a midfielder without a replacement. We play 2 games per week until January and probably after that too. We can't rely on all our midfielders staying fit and also on Dave to start many games.

Why do we need to replace him. Bernardo, Silva, gundogan, KDB all play in that position hence his lack of game time now. He’ll play in the league cup, probably play in the CL games too now as we’re in a piss easy group, he needs more than that now.

The downside of having one of the best teams in the world and competing with another such team for the league is that you can't give much time to youngsters. How many top 6 teams in England have a 19 y.o. midfielder in their starting XI? None. Not even those not competing for the title.

Not convinced he will. I’ve always agreed he should stay here but now I think he needs a loan and to play or been involved week in week out.
Does he really need to play week in, week out to develop?

I don't know, it's not my job :) but playing at lower levels didn't hurt Mason or Abraham last season. He has to feel full weight of some butcher on his back. It's not same being best man on the pitch against Kosovo U21 and playing against tough PL or Championship players. The length? Until the end of a season.

Why do we need to replace him. Bernardo, Silva, gundogan, KDB all play in that position hence his lack of game time now. He’ll play in the league cup, probably play in the CL games too now as we’re in a piss easy group, he needs more than that now.

It's pretty obvious why. Bernardo plays mostly on the wings, Dave is 33 y.o., Kevin had several bad injuries last season and we can't risk him. We play 2 games a week. It would be madness or stupidity to not replace him should we loan him out.

I don't know, it's not my job :) but playing at lower levels didn't hurt Mason or Abraham last season. He has to feel full weight of some butcher on his back. It's not same being best man on the pitch against Kosovo U21 and playing against tough PL or Championship players. The length? Until the end of a season.

Not doing Harry Wilson of Liverpool much harm either. Doing really well at Bournemouth and scored again tonight. Should have moved in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.