Benjamin Mendy - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
His performance today shouldnt threaten Zinchenko - he was awful and gave the ball away in dangerous positions at least 4 times.

some will put it down to rustiness which it could be but ive seen that type of wayward passing from him a number of times before ..like Pep said, he will need to learn the way we play...Angelino was much better than him when he came on (and Angelino was awful in pre season)....

He also needs to know that he doesnt have to hit every cross as had as he can!!
He was rusty, but he wasn’t awful. Ffs 8 0 and you still focus on negatives

His performance today shouldnt threaten Zinchenko - he was awful and gave the ball away in dangerous positions at least 4 times.

some will put it down to rustiness which it could be but ive seen that type of wayward passing from him a number of times before ..like Pep said, he will need to learn the way we play...Angelino was much better than him when he came on (and Angelino was awful in pre season)....

He also needs to know that he doesnt have to hit every cross as had as he can!!
Right not the best game today, but as you said he was rusty. Angelino also hasn't played this season but his first game in (while not coming from injury) he created so many chances.

Zinchenko is not our future at LB, and I LOVE him as a player, I want him to be a legend here, but it will be in midfield for us.

He was rusty, but he wasn’t awful. Ffs 8 0 and you still focus on negatives

no just his performance...the rest of the team ranged from great to super but mendy did give the ball away on numerous occasions in very dangerous areas.....He will neeed to improve

Yeah, people that understand football.

HHAHA...fuck off!

I also said it could be rustiness but he has played like that before and to say he hasnt it just being blind...go back and check his performances in other games.....fantastic going forward but very suspect at times defending.....after the first injury he ame bak and looked like he had got to grips a bit better with the defending part.

Even Pep is qouted as saying "he will need to learn how we play." Trust in Pep! ?? !!!

no just his performance...the rest of the team ranged from great to super but mendy did give the ball away on numerous occasions in very dangerous areas.....He will neeed to improve

He will and you know that. There were a couple moments where his talent shined. That cut back low cross that almost led to a goal springs to mind.

You’re right though, there were 2/3 abysmal passes that set up chances. It’s worth keeping an eye on. I think it’s rustiness but time will tell.

Right not the best game today, but as you said he was rusty. Angelino also hasn't played this season but his first game in (while not coming from injury) he created so many chances.

Zinchenko is not our future at LB, and I LOVE him as a player, I want him to be a legend here, but it will be in midfield for us.

Agree..

It was more tongue in cheek about Zinchenko who has done remarkably well at leftback covering for Mendy (an others)...Mendy's return gives us Zinchenko as another option in midfield and i think he will thrive there as well....just a shame he has such tough competition in front of him but again i think he will thrive off that as well

HHAHA...fuck off!

I also said it could be rustiness but he has played like that before and to say he hasnt it just being blind...go back and check his performances in other games.....fantastic going forward but very suspect at times defending.....after the first injury he ame bak and looked like he had got to grips a bit better with the defending part.

Even Pep is qouted as saying "he will need to learn how we play." Trust in Pep! ?? !!!
That's a myth. Last season we only conceded 5 in the first 12 (never more than once in a game) with a 6 match clean sheet streak with him in the team and he played a big part of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.