#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
A top 5-6 League under a manager who will play him and plays possession based football. Give him a year and bring him back next season once Merl is gone, where he'll compete with KDB and Bernardo for a spot

Seriously not hard. You can only learn so much from training - he needs to experience match situations regularly
He'll learn by training and playing this season.

Happens all time in world of football. You can't put 22 players on the pitch, nor you can have 22 or 33 players of same quality to give each same amount of time. Even then, some would feel it's not enough. It's shame whenever good player leaves for that reason, but football keeps going with that thing happening all the time.

50 matches x 90 minutes x 11 players on pitch = 49,500 minutes.

Divide by active squad of 22 = 2250 minutes on average, or the equivalent of 25 full games.

Now of course that wouldn’t (and shouldn’t) be shared equally but....

There’s a happy medium between that and being glued to the bench. Trying to make it a binary issue - which some of the loudest shouters insist on doing - is a smoke screen. That and “jam tomorrow” aren’t convincing arguments.

I agree there's a happy medium.

I wouldn't want him glued to the bench, nor do I think he is despite many suggesting otherwise.

My post was a direct response to people saying he needed to play week in week out to develop.

I'm aware I'm potentially burying my head in the sand here a bit, but I refuse to believe that Foden's development this season isn't something that Pep, Foden, and the coaching staff have meticulously prepared and planned to the finest detail.

I'm aware I'm potentially burying my head in the sand here a bit, but I refuse to believe that Foden's development this season isn't something that Pep, Foden, and the coaching staff have meticulously prepared and planned to the finest detail.

Correct - and totally obvious if you think about it. Phil is happy here and just because he is not on the injury list does not mean he is fit to play. Too much is made in the media of his absence - just be patient Blues, businesses do not piss about with multi-million pound assets. If he was my lad, then I could not think of anyone better than Pep (and City) to guide his development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.