Liverpool pay City £1 million in "spy" settlement for hacking - biggest PL scandal

Thanks

The general belief on planet Twitter is that they used their own login details. City are the ones being painted in a bad light on the back of the story.
Not the case but no surprise with the Twaterati, why let the facts get in the way

this should not be just brushed under the carpet if true and the £1 million settlement is a joke ??? you think if it was manchester city doing that sort of thing with liverpool ?? would they be happy with just a pay off ??? they would be up in arms and the call for demotion to non league football

i have this feeling the uefa FFP play hackers that said they have items showing leaked emails about city having not declare the full revenue documents are also from that time period ?? so maybe its a sting that they (uefa) are going to use to say if that is true about liverpool and the pay off than the leaked information is also true and city will be punished by uefa and a ban from all European competitions from 2020/21 and a very big fine

So there’s been an approx ‘no comment’ from Liverpool, and silence from us?

Not too sure which way to take that.

It would seem the silence from us and if the journalist tweet about the liver lawyers threatening the publication of info in 2013 is true, that it leaked (now) from ‘their’ side.

We clearly had some major reason to settle it for a piddling 1m...and to me, after the initial euphoria of ‘stick it to them!’... it doesn’t sit right... , to me, it’s due to some potentially negative reason that we settled on the quiet and for such a low amount :-(

Unless...as well as the NDA and the 1m, there’s a lot of other clauses...eg something like Sterling a year down the line. Or is that into the realms of fantasy?

It would seem the silence from us and if the journalist tweet about the liver lawyers threatening the publication of info in 2013 is true, that it leaked (now) from ‘their’ side.

We clearly had some major reason to settle it for a piddling 1m...and to me, after the initial euphoria of ‘stick it to them!’... it doesn’t sit right... , to me, it’s due to some potentially negative reason that we settled on the quiet and for such a low amount :-(

Unless...as well as the NDA and the 1m, there’s a lot of other clauses...eg something like Sterling a year down the line. Or is that into the realms of fantasy?
Lets face it in 2013 they were no threat

I stand corrected.

Nothing in the Manchester United Evening Scouse News.

You don’t pay £1mill if you are confident your employees are innocent. And you have enough information that the accusers are also guilty of something, related or not.

Liverpool Spy Scandal and Behind Exposure of FFP Leaks - Exclusive in The Times

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/liverpool-paid-manchester-city-1m-spy-settlement-mxkns7mb6/

The fact it is exclusive in The Times gives it an apparent greater credibility. This has got legs and it`s going to run.

The article:

(1) states this is the biggest incident of alleged misbehaviour by one top-flight club (Liverpool) to another (City) in the Premier League’s history.

(2) raises again the fact that City’s team bus was pelted with objects by Liverpool fans as it arrived at Anfield for a Champions League match in April 2018 (the subsequent police investigation having promised to bring the perpetrators to justice failed to make one arrest or charge).

(3) re-affirms that Liverpool were among the clubs that had pushed the Premier League to investigate City for alleged breaches of financial fair play rules after allegations made by the German magazine Der Spiegel (these allegations arose from hacked and illegally obtained information - the hacker has recently been charged on 147 counts).

It is probable that Sky`s Sunday Supplement will want to debate such a newsworthy item tomorrow. Matt Dickinson often appears from The Times.

It is widely known that Liverpool `own` many in the media at all levels but they can not be given a free pass for ever. They will be exposed. This is a step along the way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.